Runway 20L

Palamedes

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jason Ellis
I watched a video recently (that I can't find now) of a fellow flying into a pretty destination and I remember he landed at runway 20L.. but thats it.

How can I find the airport with just that information?

I watched a video recently (that I can't find now) of a fellow flying into a pretty destination and I remember he landed at runway 20L.. but thats it.

How can I find the airport with just that information?

Well... If it was in the US, that narrows it down a lot. There are only 5 US airports with a runway 20L:

0L7 Jean, NV
BNA Nashville, TN Intl
DPA Dupage, West Chicago, IL
FAI Fairbanks, AK Intl
PDK Dekalb-Peachtree, Atlanta, GA

Out of those, I'd say the only "pretty" ones are probably Fairbanks or Jean. Did it look like tundra or desert? ;)

Well... If it was in the US, that narrows it down a lot. There are only 5 US airports with a runway 20L:

0L7 Jean, NV
BNA Nashville, TN Intl
FAI Fairbanks, AK Intl

Out of those, I'd say the only "pretty" ones are probably Fairbanks or Jean. Did it look like tundra or desert? ;)

Great detective work.....:yesnod:...

0L7 Jean, NV
BNA Nashville, TN Intl
FAI Fairbanks, AK Intl

And coming soon SNA!

0L7 Jean, NV
BNA Nashville, TN Intl
FAI Fairbanks, AK Intl

What did you use to figure that out? And I'll look at them here shortly..

Not sure if its the US or not.. I think the guy was speaking spanish but it was hard to hear him over the music..etc

What did you use to figure that out?

I'm a business intelligence consultant, and a while back I wrote a thing to slice and dice the FAA database. It was pretty trivial to select everything with a runway 2R/20L. :)

But what if it was 20L last year but is now 21L, or 19L??

Here is another way:

Search Runway 2L/20R site:airnav.com

Brings up another and it is very pretty:

BCV-c.jpg

Here is a landing on 20L at Chugiak (Birchwood):

0L7 Jean, NV
BNA Nashville, TN Intl
FAI Fairbanks, AK Intl

It's now 21L at PDK. The only reason I would classify it as a "pretty" destination is because that is usually where my truck is parked. :)

Back