RST Engineering and Appareo

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
(Caution ... blatant hucksterism follows)

RST Engineering just got approval as an Appareo dealer strictly for experimentals. Stay tuned for details on how we are going to handle this new arrangement.

I will say that one of the reasons we did this was that Appareo has a rather broad based avionics line and is likely to be in business for service and parts LONG after the mad scramble for 2020 has come and gone. Their pricing is also at least somewhat reasonable. The operative word is "somewhat".

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

That's great news.

BTW, your guidance on the homemade ADS-B antenna for my Stratus-II was very helpful. I went from 1-2 towers with an average of 65% error rate to 4-5 towers with 10-35% error rate. It works so well that I'm still flying with the split coax evaluation setup. One day I'll get around to putting in the foil. :)

Jim,

That's great news.

BTW, your guidance on the homemade ADS-B antenna for my Stratus-II was very helpful. I went from 1-2 towers with an average of 65% error rate to 4-5 towers with 10-35% error rate. It works so well that I'm still flying with the split coax evaluation setup. One day I'll get around to putting in the foil. :)
Happy that it worked for you. That's what I love about the experimental world ... everybody seems willing to share what knowledge they have and accept that which they do not. jw

Back