RST Audio Panel

jvanbrewski

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
Hey All. I have been a member for some time, but haven't really been "active". I have a really good '72 Cherokee 140 that I used to take my lessons and get my license. Plane is in excellent condition, and has many features added to it. My dilemma, is that I have an old MK16 radio in in, and I want to take it out to install a working 12E that I have on the shelf. The previous owner of the airplane was a stickler for keeping all documentation pertaining to the installed equipment, other than an installed RST-501 Audio Panel. I was wondering if anybody out there happens to have a set of schematics or a wiring installation diagram that I might acquire somehow. I looked on their website, and the farthest back they go is a 502, which is significantly different than the 501. The 501 works well, and due to much medical maintenance to myself and my wife, there isn't any AMU's to upgrade this year. Plus, insurance and the annual are coming due in the next couple of months. My MK16 is on the fritz, so I have no backup radio, but I have a good 12E on the shelf, so I would love to get it installed. Thanks for looking.

Look up the wiring diagram for your Mk16 and find the audio wires you need from there.

Look up the wiring diagram for your Mk16 and find the audio wires you need from there.
Yea, that is my fall back plan. I did receive the complete service manual for my 16, so I do have all that documentation. Since I am laid up for the next month from foot surgery, may start to make a backwards trace wiring plan. Thanks.

Send me your email address and I'll send you what I think you need from the 501 manual. By the way, the 501 stopped production about 43 years ago and you may have a museum piece on your hands :cheerswine: Just for grins and giggles, does your 501 have the big clunky black plugs on the back or the little white/red/black nylon Molex plugs? I think the first production run of 10 were the only ones with the black Cinch plugs.

jim@rstengineering.com is a good place to send your info.

Too bad your airplane isn't out here. I like doing annuals on PA28-140s.

Jim

Back