RSS Feed?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I could have sworn that poa had an RSS feed....can't find the link. Does it still exist?

Alright, let me really embarrass myself and ask, what is an RSS feed and why would I want one?:redface:

Alright, let me really embarrass myself and ask, what is an RSS feed and why would I want one?:redface:

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It provides a list of postings to a website. This could be new forum postings like in POA or new articles on websites like CNN. The advantage of this is that you get a list of new items instead of having to go to the website to search for new items. By saving time seraching for new news, you can monitor a wider variety of websites. I have over a hundred different websites I monitor using RSS.

To use RSS, you use what is called an RSS aggreator. This is a program that monitors the different feeds and displays new articles as they are available. Personally I use Google Reader, but there are other alternatives out there.

Ask a question and get an answer that raises even more questions!!!

I get the feeling I'm not taking full advantage of the internet.:redface:

Back