Rover Wheels

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Saw this dog this morning passing by our camping spot. He looks happy. seems to have no problems at all with the wheels. My father has a dog whos back legs are going out on him, they have been contimplating putting him down. I keep telling them to get him some wheels, hes got plenty of happy life left. But they seem to think it might not be a quality life in wheels. I dunno.

Attachments

• dog3.gif
    dog3.gif
    184.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Dog4.gif
    Dog4.gif
    219.3 KB · Views: 19
Gotta admit, you don't see that everyday.

Not sure I'd do that to my dog. So much of her happiness revolves around activities like chasing the ball and running my butt into the ground. ;)

We had two dogs with wheels like as shown in the pics. One full grown German Shepard with crushed hip after being hit by car and the other was a terrier with two broken legs. For the shepard, it was permanent.

In both cases, both dogs appeared to have absolutely no problem in mobility and enjoyment. They were just as fun loving as before and looked very accepting of the changes. With the terrier is was as if the wheels weren't even there. The only problem is if she got stuck in a narrow place--then it was just get her loose, fugedaboudit and carry on.

Bottom line, I wouldn't put a dog down because I thought wheels might be a problem without giving it a try first.

Back