routine screening/baseline tests

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
There are certain ages where particular tests are recommended - but, in addition to things like the 50 yr colonoscopy, I haven't come across anything about an EKG.

Are there any recommendations on an EKG? (Worth the trouble? Any problems explaining it on a class III medical? ...)

Thanks,
Matthew

I'm not sure what I'd do with a normal EKG....I prefer a BP cuff, and a history and an exam.

Screening for depression, don't get overweight, exercise, eat right, and a single PSA at age 50, are about right in my book.

I don't think he was recommending it at age 50...

I'm interested though, Doc, are you recommending depression screening for everyone? And if so, why?

I'm not sure what I'd do with a normal EKG....I prefer a BP cuff, and a history and an exam.

Screening for depression, don't get overweight, exercise, eat right, and a single PSA at age 50, are about right in my book.

I guess I'm doing OK, then. I get my annual every summer, just before my AME visit a couple months later. Haven't had any issues that would require a depression screening, that I know of. And I'm steadily working on the eating, exercise, and weight thing.

So I suppose it's 'carry on'.

Thanks.

I guess I'm doing OK, then. I get my annual every summer, just before my AME visit a couple months later. Haven't had any issues that would require a depression screening, that I know of. And I'm steadily working on the eating, exercise, and weight thing.

So I suppose it's 'carry on'.

Thanks.
JEEPERS. I'd better say nothing. This is worse than the presidential debates (playing in the background).

There are people out there who are completely alone. No social interaction. You just don't see them. Those folks have Category A evidence that screening (which is done even in a 6 minute doc visit) have benefit.

There is category A evidence for maintenance of weight (don't get obese), exercise, and contrl of hypertension.

There isn't much category A evidence for much else but I'll get my colon looked at every 10 years.....

Last edited:
There are people out there who are completely alone. No social interaction. You just don't see them. Those folks have Category A evidence that screening (which is done even in a 6 minute doc visit) have benefit.

Sorry to bump this up, but are you saying isolated people have a higher risk of depression that should be screened for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back