Routine Medical Visits

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Hello!

I'm about to reapply for my 3rd class, and I have a question. I have been recording my doctor visits (in my calendar), but there may be one or two I've missed over the past five years. I've had nothing serious to report over these years--everything was either routine, or for a cold, etc.

If I am missing a date, is there anything I need to do?

Thanks!
Spidey

I just call the doc(s) and insurance carrier(s) and compare notes before going. Give 'em a week or so. The poor nurses get stuck with such requests.

I just use one line, routine care for colds, flu shots, etc. annual checkup for prescription meds.

Of course the prescription meds are listed in a different area of the medical form.

If you have a regular relationship with that doc, I would note the most recent visit with the approximate date (say, first of the month if you don't know exactly) and note what it was for, and say also "and prior visits. That covers you pretty well.

As the AME I'm going to inquire anyway.

That's one downside of the five year thing and being in relatively good health... I don't have a flippin' clue if I visited the doc for something utterly boring/stupid in 2006.

Of course now I write visits in a little text log on my phone, but do I trust my memory back to '06? Hell no.

I'm not even sure I trust the log. Too easy to forget to write in it.

Dr. Bruce covered it pretty well, it looks like to me. Just do what he recommended and don't worry about it.

That's one downside of the five year thing and being in relatively good health... I don't have a flippin' clue if I visited the doc for something utterly boring/stupid in 2006.

Of course now I write visits in a little text log on my phone, but do I trust my memory back to '06? Hell no.

I'm not even sure I trust the log. Too easy to forget to write in it.

Wow, that's risky. Who keeps the same phone for 5 years? I think in the last five years I have had a Windows phone, two Androids and an iPhone.

So to hijack a little bit, I have only been to a regular doctor (the one I make repeated visits to is the dermatologist) once (yesterday) since I renewed my medical last time, but more than that in the previous 5 years. If I'm renewing before 5, do I have to go back through the records and get all the info again even though it is already on my record?

Last edited:
Wow, that's risky. Who keeps the same phone for 5 years? I think in the last five years I have had a Windows phone, two Androids and an iPhone.

iPhone. Notes. Synchs into IMAP (e-mail) on iCloud service. Can read them on iPhone, iPad, and Mac or any computer with a browser. Backup copy in Dropbox. ;)

So to hijack a little bit, I have only been to a regular doctor (the one I make repeated visits to is the dermatologist) once (yesterday) since I renewed my medical last time, but more than that in the previous 5 years. If I'm renewing before 5, do I have to go back through the records and get all the info again even though it is already on my record?

1) Call your AME and get a copy of your record.

2) Keep your copy of the form 8500-8 for the future.

-Skip

1) Call your AME and get a copy of your record.

2) Keep your copy of the form 8500-8 for the future.

-Skip

This, and keep a Word or Excel file of the office visits (and any Rx's) with dates, reasons, outcomes.

This can provide the means of simple copy/paste actions when it's time to fill out the form.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only report the visits in the past 3 years, not 5. Does that help?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only report the visits in the past 3 years, not 5. Does that help?

It does, though I've probably only been to the doctor three times in the past five years!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back