Routes by type of aircraft

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
So I am planning some flights and looking to see what I'm likely to be assigned. The route suggestions for the legs I'm planning are mostly for multi engine aircraft at much higher altitudes.

Is there a database of routes flown by type that I could query?

Basically want to see if any SR22 have done KBHM to KFXE or KFLL and then return trip will be KFXE or KFLL to KBTR.

I typically get direct on all the trips I fly now but for some reason I'm thinking in Florida airspace I'll get assigned some crazy routes and want to be as prepare as I can when calling clearance.

I flew freight in the southeast for a while in '99. I never got the route I filed except once. I was told it just depended on the inbound/outbound traffic at the time I was expected to leave.

Thanks. Those are company routes. I think the se9 is American Airlines. In any event, those flights are at like 41,000 and I'm looking for single engine piston not big jets. What I would get in FltPlan is different then what I would get assigned on an ifr low route.

What??? The new Cirrus with the giant 6 on the tail can't do FL410? :eek:
Another crushing blow to my fantasy expectations. Might as well dream about Pipers. :(

In any event, those flights are at like 41,000 and I'm looking for single engine piston not big jets.

Sorry I didn't even look at it - I've always found it helpful w/o considering a/c type.

Here:

Hi Dave
Here you go.... a low altitude from KBHM to KFLL.
LINTZ V168 LGC V321 PZD V35 CTY V159 ORL V267 BAIRN V531 PBI V3 FLL
I have put a sample flight plan in your account with this route.
Within the next few weeks, we'll have a better system available for light aircraft.
Hope this helps.
Walt B.
Walt@FltPlan.whatever
Technical Services

One nice thing about flying IFR out west... doesn't matter what I file what comes back is always the same...

They add the DENVER9 SID for radar vectors out through the Bravo and an altitude restriction for ten minutes, and then "cleared as filed".

ZDV never seems to mess with changing routes much out here.

When I went to FXE, and flew home on the Airbus, we went the length of Florida on V3. Seems around Waycross, GA is when I was rerouted to Ormond Beach, then V3 to Palm Beach, who sent me out through the Everglades then out to sea. Four nm offshore at 2000' is where tower relented and let me head towards the runway.

But it's a cool trip, with a great view of the Vehicle Assembly Building on the Cape.

Coming from this way, your route will probably be a little different. Roll with it and have fun. In FL, altitude varies N-S instead of E-W, and they didn't care which way I went as long as my altitude changed by 1000', so I climbed.

My wife and I have used the Q routes a few times in our 177 RG (with raft, vests, PLB) etc. It saves enough time to save a fuel stop and two of the times we've flown it we avoided major storm fronts we'd have had to battle using the overland routes.

Gary

I haven't been there, but I'd bet that a route with a few VORs that kept you away from Bravos and Restricted airspace would be enough. Maybe like this: KBHM OCF LAL LBV KFXE

Anyway, you can always file, even though you don't intend to actually fly that day, just to see on FlightAware whether they'll change the route you proposed.

I fly from the north east coast of fl to south east Florida on a regular basis if you are going down the east side expect to get V3 MLB V437 PHK then FXE or FLL

In my 5 years doing this route I've tried filing and requesting different things, but always get the above. It's even the preferred route in the A/FD or whatever new name they gave that book now. You could always look there im sure there's some kind of preferred route from the west side of Florida

Also Florida is weird expect to get even altitudes if your route is southbound and an odd altitude if it's northbound

Back