Route suggestions from KRDU to KPOU

Next trip, I'm going to try going up the East side of the ADIZ just for grins. That'll have to wait for the fall.

I had a pretty decent routing down the east side of the ADIZ for a trip from S37 to PHF last November. But, down the shore side of things, they really don't have a choice but to take you down the east side. Anything else would really be a "great circle route". Down the east side, you are prone to get a clearance but then also vectors around restricted areas, etc. Especially with that magic GPS box so that they know they can send you "direct" at will.

I take it that you found the Dutchess 4 departure not too bad? I got that one time before last out of POU. I was kind of sweating it, but it didn't seem too complicated and we had no problem flying it.

Jim G

The Dutchess Four looks more complicated than it really is... the chart is very busy. We went off RWY 24, so intercepting the R-250 of IGN wasn all that bad... then vectors and onto our route. Some of the other runways would be more of a challenge.

Back