Rough Day

gov98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gov98
Had a really long day today, didn't sleep well the night before, and couldn't eat much at all. It was also really hot and high density altitude.

Worse yet, I now currently don't have any future training scheduled, and my wife will definitely expect me to take a year off before I start on commercial training; in good news though if I do get my commercial in ~2 years, I could carry passengers for hire in excess of 50 nm of the point of departure or at night, so there is that...

Suck it up buttercup. "It's hot out" doesn't constitute a bad day.

Sorry if I sound cranky, I had a rough day. A guy was supposed to aerate my lawn tonight but can't make it til tomorrow morning.

Well done on the instrument rating. I think my day was worse. I had to work today.

Warm Donuts are awesome I always wondered how they get that hole perfectly centered. Lots of people don't mathematically calculate turbo horepower correctly, I mean don't we all wish we had perfect bsfc right hahaha. Unicorns are so pretty this time of year.

Congratulations on the new ticket!! I literally have no clue how anyone figured that out from your post hahaha.

Suck it up buttercup. "It's hot out" doesn't constitute a bad day.

Sorry if I sound cranky, I had a rough day. A guy was supposed to aerate my lawn tonight but can't make it til tomorrow morning.

Wait, where did I miss about taking a check ride?!?! Feel free to ignore my dooshbaggery. What an a-hole I am.

Wait, where did I miss about taking a check ride?!?! Feel free to ignore my dooshbaggery. What an a-hole I am.

I felt the same but I have read the OPs post like 3 times and still don't see how people figured it out? I just thought he had one to many micro brews hahaha.

Congratulations on the new ticket!! I literally have no clue how anyone figured that out from your post hahaha.

:goofy: Thanks and yea little bit of a goofy way to say, but more fun than some other ways.

:goofy: Thanks and yea little bit of a goofy way to say, but more fun than some other ways.

Haha, it really is a sincere congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment and I hope to do it soon as well! :cheers:

Worse yet, I now currently don't have any future training scheduled, and my wife will definitely expect me to take a year off before I start on commercial training; in good news though if I do get my commercial in ~2 years, I could carry passengers for hire in excess of 50 nm of the point of departure or at night, so there is that...

I felt the same but I have read the OPs post like 3 times and still don't see how people figured it out? I just thought he had one to many micro brews hahaha.

:)

Dude was being very clever! A commercial pilot is limited to stay within 50nm of the departure airport at night. An instrument rated commercial pilot, on the other hand, is not.

Dude was being very clever! A commercial pilot is limited to stay within 50nm of the departure airport at night. An instrument rated commercial pilot, on the other hand, is not.

CP is limited to day only, within 50nm, carrying passengers. No night flying with passengers anywhere until they get an instrument ticket.

All I can say is, now get a job.

All I can say is, now get a job.

... Have a job, it's what supports my aviation addiction...if I didn't I'd probably be permitted to move on to the CPL sooner, but for now my wife is pretty tired of the lessons and training from the last two years (High Perf/Complex/Instrument)...and I'm ready to not have to study for a while too.

Ah, now I get it...

Congrats!

"Go get it wet"..."aerate my lawn"..."warm donut holes"...

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I need to get on working towards my next rough day like that. Congrats!

Back