• The Cessna 172

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The Piper Cherokee

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Neither!

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Cherokee,

just don’t forget about the Eddie current spar inspection.

So the Cessna owner had it listed higher than $43K, you contracted it at $41K, he lost the sale and now he’s reduced it to $43K ask. Too bad every potential buyer won’t see all those numbers ahead of time. I’m skeptical of the reason for selling, and would tend to think the buyer had remorse after seeing how much $$ he would have to spend on rehabilitation.

Cherokee, just don’t forget about the Eddie current spar inspection.
That plane is not subject to the eddy (not eddie) current inspection AD. The Hershey Bar, fixed gear Cherokees are excluded. And there is no way I would allow that inspection to be done on my plane as a seller if not required by the AD. (in which case it would already have been done). Talk about maintenance induced failure potential.

I'd vastly prefer a Cessna over a Cherokee, but from the looks of it not that one... walking away from it was the right move.

So the Cessna owner had it listed higher than $43K, you contracted it at $41K, he lost the sale and now he’s reduced it to $43K ask.

Yes. If I recall correctly, it was listed for $48K at the time I made my offer, and at the time, the listing already said “reduced!” or something to that effect.

Too bad every potential buyer won’t see all those numbers ahead of time.

You guys have the inside scoop!

I’m skeptical of the reason for selling, and would tend to think the buyer had remorse after seeing how much $$ he would have to spend on rehabilitation.

It does seem like a hot potato. And here’s a fun fact: The seller’s agent is the same person the seller bought the plane from a few months ago. The seller told me this on the phone (after his agent finally gave me the seller’s contact info in anticipation of coordinating the pre-buy).

Back