Rotation of the Earth

Man, you crazy. It's obviously the stars that are rotating.

I've always been sort of amazed at how the atmosphere has largely "caught up" with the speed of the earth's surface.
What I mean is, at the equator isn't the surface of the earth moving at about 900kts?
So if the metar at KHNL is 090/15kts really the air is moving at maybe 815kts but we only experience the 15, because of the earth's ridiculous speed (numbers and +/- are approximate, this is about the concept).

Hey. Also - consider the surface of the earth is moving at 2x the speed of sound, where is my sonic boom, lol!

PS I know all these things can be explained away.

I've always been sort of amazed at how the atmosphere has largely "caught up" with the speed of the earth's surface.
What I mean is, at the equator isn't the surface of the earth moving at about 900kts?
So if the metar at KHNL is 090/15kts really the air is moving at maybe 815kts but we only experience the 15, because of the earth's ridiculous speed (numbers and +/- are approximate, this is about the concept).

Hey. Also - consider the surface of the earth is moving at 2x the speed of sound, where is my sonic boom, lol!

PS I know all these things can be explained away.
one could argue that on westbound flights the Concorde was more or less stationary as the Earth went by under it

Do flat-earthers think the disk spins?
If so, does it spin about an axis located in the center of the disk?
Where would that be??
If it tumbled on its edge, that might cause problems!

Back