ROTATING BEACON 1965 CESSNA 150F

SPAJC

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
Greetings All!

I may have asked this once before; I don't recall. But, here I go again. I have a 1965 Cessna 150F. It has a "true" rotating beacon installed that no longer rotates. I've looked at it and it is corroded all to crap and not repairable. I think the gears inside are broken as well.

I've been looking for direct replacements and have come up empty handed. The LED replacements that you can get and install with some sort of adapter are outrageously expensive; four to six hundred dollars or more.

Does anyone know of a affordable solution to this or specifically a model/ vendor to use? This is beginning to get frustrating....:mad2:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Whelen has a non-LED replacement. Call them direct, they can provide the part and price tag.

Yup, and the OP is still asking the same question. Whelen customer service is superb for these types os issues. Example, Spruce advertises a LED replacement bulb for position lights. When I called Spruce, they weren't sure if I could use them on my cherokee. Think about it, $35 each bulb instead of a couple hundred dollars each. Too good to be true? Quick call to Whelen - nope, simple bulb replacement not legal on my existing lights.

Back