Rotary Training

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi everyone,

For my 69th birthday the wife approved an introductory flight using a helicopter.

I live in central Kansas, La Crosse, and fly out of Hays, Kansas. (KHYS)

Can someone recommend a place close to me where I could take an introductory flight.

Also, if this is too hard for a senior citizen please feel free to offer some advice.

I have always wanted to fly a helicopter but life and events just got in the way.

I am not interested in proceeding further. Just would like to attempt to fly a helicopter before assuming room temperature. :wink2:

I am a private pilot, 300 hours, and instrument rated.

Thanks,

Terry

I taught a young man in his 70's and took him through to getting his private/helicopter.

So yes, you can do it. Have fun!

I live near garden city and just finished my add on earlier in the year. Closest school I could find was in dodge city. They only have Robinson's and I couldn't afford the bill for a R44 (I'm too big for the 22). I ended up in Mesa Arizona flying the Hughes 269 for my training.

Was lots of fun. I recommend it. Also you're not to old. Just go in with a learning attitude and you'll be fine. When I was instructing I taught an 80 year old for private ASEL.

Back