Rosen Visors

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My C172 is going in for its annual this month. I am considering adding a set of Rosen Sun Visors. Any comments or complaints about them?

Most of my flying is in Florida so we fly year round. Some parts of the year are practically blinding flying into the sun for extended periods. I tried those sticky vinyl things that you can move around but they don't cling well in the curved sections.

First thing I added when I got the 210 since it was the most obvious thing I missed from the 206.

Last edited:
I fly my friend's 182 with Rosen Visors and they are well worth the money. Don

I have them and really like them. They are definitely handy when landing on 27 in the late afternoon!

My only complaint is that mine don't swivel smoothly out of the way to the side, so when I'm not using them I tend to just push them forward. Be careful doing that as it's possible to scratch your windshield with them.

Had them in my first airplane, and they were the first thing I added to my Cherokee. Just can't put a price on being able to see in front of you.

I'll add to the satisfied chorus.
Further, I liked them so much that I purchased a set to install in my Miata.
They are a great set of visors

Ditto what everyone else said. I have had them in my Cherokee for 6 years now and love them.

I've got Rosens in the Navion (they are the Cessna 310 model). They were helpful in finding a mount that would work and they've provided spare parts on a few occasions (the bad problem with a sliding canopy is you need to make sure the visor is not sticking out before slamming the lid).

Love mine too. Need to get the third axis kit now that it's available.

I put "stick on rubber bumpers" on all the corners of mine. Eliminates the possibility of scratching the windscreen.

A rental plane has those. Amazing, I must say. Taking off rwy 26 at 6pm with those was great. A world of difference between rental and my CFI's Warrior that didn't have them.

Back