"Ron Paul" banner from LZU, 02/26/12

TheTraveler

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
TheTraveler
Not sure if the pilot is on the forum, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Although it looked frustrating, it was fun watching you pick up your banner from LZU on Sunday!

During the two failed attempts to grab it I had walked over to the other side of the field, so it looked like you were just diving into the hangar area.

After you landed and repositioned it, I was already back over by landmark, and you got it on the first try!

Anyway, we appreciated the wave and the show!

Hey! Welcome!

(I wasn't the pilot, but I have seen his banner show before :D)

Thank you!

Yeah, it was quite a show...as I mentioned, it looked a bit frustrating from his side. He had to land, reposition, and go up again, but it was a good time on the ground watching.

I saw him out there again yesterday. He was setting up and I didn't get to see him pick it up, I had to get back to the office before he was ready to go.

I sit out at Landmark on my lunch break at least a few days a week.

Always a good show watching them pick up banners at LZU.

Aside from that, I've seen some nice looking birds out there.

There's a Warrior II that sits out by the road that (IMO) is just gorgeous. Blue/White, polished cone. As looks go, it seems new, or really well taken care of. I've also seen a few old taildraggers come and go (including the banner tow), and at least two EA's.

What's funny to me is how the lot changes. One day it's full, couldn't get another plane on the lot without touching wingtips. Next day it's deserted, as if everyone and their brother took off for OshKosh.

Has anyone eaten at the restaurant? I think it's called the "Flying Machine"...just curious how the food is, if it's worth not bringing my lunch and trying it out.

Aside from that, I've seen some nice looking birds out there.

There's a Warrior II that sits out by the road that (IMO) is just gorgeous. Blue/White, polished cone. As looks go, it seems new, or really well taken care of. I've also seen a few old taildraggers come and go (including the banner tow), and at least two EA's.

What's funny to me is how the lot changes. One day it's full, couldn't get another plane on the lot without touching wingtips. Next day it's deserted, as if everyone and their brother took off for OshKosh.

Has anyone eaten at the restaurant? I think it's called the "Flying Machine"...just curious how the food is, if it's worth not bringing my lunch and trying it out.

I eat at The Flying Machine several times a month. Our EAA Chapter has a meeting on the 2nd Friday of each month and many of us eat dinner first at The Flying Machine. We also have a group of pilots and CFIs from the The Flight School of Gwinnett that gets together every Thursday and evening and we will go over there for dinner every now and then. The food is good with generous portions.

The EAA also has a pancake breakfast the 1st Saturday of every month starting @ 8:00 am and serving until 10:30 am at the EAA hangar. That would be this Saturday. :D

Our EAA Chapter has a meeting on the 2nd Friday of each month...
...a group of pilots and CFIs from the The Flight School of Gwinnett that gets together every Thursday
...The EAA also has a pancake breakfast the 1st Saturday of every month

Wow, looks like everyone at LZU is certainly keeping busy. Definitely sounds like good times!

Back