Ron Levy retiring from MC

Pilots Of America Management

MC Announcements and Communication
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Pilots of America Management
The Pilots of America Management Council would like to inform our community of the retirement of Ron Levy from the Pilots of America Management Council and Board. After a very long and distinguished tenure with Pilots of America Ron has decided to step down and take a VERY well deserved rest from his duties. As you all probably know, the MC are all volunteers and the moderation of the board is all done gratis on our own time. Each member of the Board and MC has contributed their own talents to POA. We are fortunate that Ron has been here to contribute his knowledge of not only aviation regulations but also aviation safety and flying techniques. Ron has been with Pilots of America since its inception when Chuck Haeberle had the insight to invite his participation in moderating the board. Ron intends to remain an active member of POA and the Management Council hopes that you will join them in thanking Ron for his service and wishing him tailwinds and CAVU days.

:blowingkisses:Thanks, Ron. Good to know you will be staying and advising us with your knowledgeable posts. Enjoy the rest.

Thanks, Ron, for your contributions. I've come to rely on your knowledge of the FARs and have always been impressed by your knowledge and your conviction for GA. I'm glad you're sticking around.

Oh SURE! *RON* can escape! But me? Not me! I'm stuck!!! Ok just kidding - I'm still here cause I haven't exactly moved at top speed getting stuff out of my name. Nearly there though. ;)

Big big thanks to Ron for his innumerable contributions.

Thanks for all your assistance over the years Ron - both here and the red board before this one was created.

Ron, thank you

Thanks for all your time and effort.

FWIW - the word "retire" does not appear in the bible...

Thanks Ron, for always being a gentleman and a scholar. I've learned a lot from you.

Oh SURE! *RON* can escape! But me? Not me! I'm stuck!!! Ok just kidding - I'm still here cause I haven't exactly moved at top speed getting stuff out of my name. Nearly there though. ;)

Big big thanks to Ron for his innumerable contributions.

Ground hog day for you my friend.

Thanks Ron. Hope you will still be participating.

Ron,

Thanks again for all your contributions and the experience you've brought to PoA. We both know that the job was thankless at times... but your input and assistance has made this a much better place.

BIll

Thank you Ron. Despite the grumbling, I think we all appreciate the fact that MC takes its role seriously and does its level best to keep this place AAA-rated. You were a part of that, and I thank you for it.

Ron,

Thanks again for all your contributions and the experience you've brought to PoA. We both know that the job was thankless at times... but your input and assistance has made this a much better place.

BIll

+1

I'm pretty sure that something like a PoA MC position is indeed a thankless job, at least until retirement when the thanks pour in. But in some cases it's hard to tell if the thanks are for the effort or the quitting. In this case Ron should rest assured that it's the former.

Ron, I sure hope you are able to stick around and make more of your valuable non-MC input!

Thanks Ron, but what are you gonna do with all of that newly freed up time????

Ron,

Thank you for all that you did for PoA as a Management Council member. I sincerely hope that you stick around and let us all benefit from your FAR/AIM knowledge as we can all learn much, much more from you. You da man, Ron.

:cheerswine::cheerswine:

So long and thanks for all the fish!!
Well, I try to teach people to fish, rather than toss fish to them, but in any event, I'll still be giving fishing lessons here, just not running the bait and tackle shop, so you can save the eulogies for later. But thanks for the kind words anyway.

Well, I try to teach people to fish, rather than toss fish to them, but in any event, I'll still be giving fishing lessons here, just not running the bait and tackle shop, so you can save the eulogies for later. But thanks for the kind words anyway.

What a horrible, horrible movie....

At least we still have the awesome books to fall back on, while the next generation sits around and says "What? That movie? No, I never saw it!"

Thanks Ron. I do several similar things and know how much time and effort it takes and how little recognition there is for one's time. I truly appreciate what you and the other moderators do--and do very well I might add.

Best,

Dave

Ron, I want to let you know that I, like so many of the others here, truly appreciate all the effort that you and the other MC members put into keeping this the best front porch of aviation. Hopefully this means that you'll have more time to do your wonderful substantive posts!

Ron, thanks for all of your time and effort. It was surely appreciated!!

Let me add thanks from down here in the lower rankings (number of posts wise, anyway).
Do you get the standard POA retirement party and Caribbean Cruise package?

If such a package existed - the entire MC would end up resigning by end of day.

I don't care much for a cruise. But I would accept a consolation prize of a trip to Tuscany complete with balloon tour.... :D

Thanks Ron! Please say you'll still be attending lunch's & fly-ins & such! Beth and I enjoyed meeting you last year in Reading for lunch.

I guess you had enough of being a cat herder. ;)

Thank you Ron. :)

Thank's Ron, your vast knowledge of aviation is amazing.
Now you've got time to "Fish and cut bait":D
If you ever want to come out to 6Y9 we've got a few good fishin holes I can take you to. Don't know if you want to bring yourself down to this freshwater stuff though:rolleyes:

Back