Rockers and Mods

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
Does anybody here know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about bikes and rockabilly. Anyway, I was trying to educate some of the pups at the airport today and I think that they were making a little fun of me in the process. I can't understand kids these days. So on Friday I'm headed to Chicago for the Mods vs the Rockers motorcycle rally at Delilah's on Saturday. I'll be parking on the Rocker side of the street. Take note Tony, you will be in for more of an education on Monday.
http://www.tonupchicago.com/flyers/08mvr.html

Ride with the Rockers!!!

Last edited:
Does anybody here know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about bikes and rockabilly. Anyway, I was trying to educate some of the pups at the airport today and I think that they were making a little fun of me in the process. I can't understand kids these days. So on Friday I'm headed to Chicago for the Mods vs the Rockers motorcycle rally at Delilah's on Saturday. I'll be parking on the Rocker side of the street. Take note Tony, you will be in for more of an education on Monday.
http://www.tonupchicago.com/flyers/08mvr.html

Ride with the Rockers!!!

I can remember being asked to choose between the rockers and the mods in junior high school. The rockers were also known as greasers. I never did figure out where the label "mod" came from but that's the one I chose.

I love the scene in Hard Days Night where someone asks Ringo if the Beatles are Mods or Rockers and he says "were MOCKERS!"

So if I have to pick I'd say the same thing,
MM

I love the scene in Hard Days Night where someone asks Ringo if the Beatles are Mods or Rockers and he says "were MOCKERS!"

MM

gawd i had forgetten about that! classic!

poor max, cant get a break. every time he comes over on break we all just pick on him about his bikes.

Does anybody here know what I'm talking about.

MM

Me too! Grat scene. Mods vs Rockers was essentially England's version of Preppies vs Greasers/bikers in the early 60's. Indeed the Who's Quadraphenia album is about this era. The Mods rode cute, little, Vespa scooters while the Rockers wore leather and rode Triumph and BSA motorcycles and listened to Rock and Roll music like Buddy Holly and Cliff Richards.

I know an English pilot who was a hardcore Rocker back in the day and still rides his motorcycle daily- at age 72. :D
He's mellowed a bit, but still fondly reminisces about beating up Mods and knocking over their scooters... :D

Back