Rock on!

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Just bought tickets for two to a summer concert in Dallas at the Smirnoff Music Center, an outdoor venue at the State Fairgrounds. September 1st. Def Leppard, Styx and Foreigner all at the same concert. That should be fun!! TicketMaster's still got great seats, including 4-packs of grass seating for $75 ($18.75/person).

I'm not flying in (I live here!), but it would be a cool destination/event for some of y'all.

If you want to catch Styx tonight or tomorrow... AND if you have HD Net, they are on performing with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra. This concert was performed last June or May. The first showing is on right now with almost an hour left.
I'm missing most of the end of the race because I keep HD Net on. :hairraise:

Try to catch it if you can.

12 Midnight - 2AM
3AM - 5AM
12 Noon - 2PM

All times are EDT.

Oh Man.. that'd be fun. Brings back memories of Styx (and friends) at the Texxas Jam at the Cotton Bowl.

If you want to catch Styx tonight or tomorrow... AND if you have HD Net, they are on performing with the Contemporary Youth Orchestra. This concert was performed last June or May. The first showing is on right now with almost an hour left.

Thanks! I do have that channel; just went in and turned it on to record to DVR, and will record the entire thing later.

I'm so old that we arranged for Styx to play in our high school assembly hall.

A local DJ, Bob Sirott, was the M.C, and it was the very weekend he went from FM to AM. He's still on TV.

Last edited:
It's funny you should mention him. I got curious and did a Google search on Sirott as the name sounded familiar. It might have been from the news magazine, West 57th; a sort of take off from 60 Minutes that didn't fly long.

From Wikipedia:
Bob Sirott is the Uncle of HDNet NHL play-by-play man Judd Sirott

Troy, I forgot to mention the half-hour interview by Matt Pinfield with James Young and Tommy Shaw just before the concert shows each time. I don't know what these guys are doing. Either their getting cut on or just look dang young!

It's funny you should mention him. I got curious and did a Google search on Sirott as the name sounded familiar. It might have been from the news magazine, West 57th; a sort of take off from 60 Minutes that didn't fly long.

From Wikipedia:

I updated the Wikipedia entry. Bob Sirott didn't start at WLS. He started at WBBM-FM when FM radio was young and laid back. Making the move to the big WLS 89 AM was a huge leap for him.

Once again, get off my lawn.

My wife and I are taking the Arrow to Tulsa in July to catch Rockfeverfest nearby..

No Def Leppard or Styx (seen them already) but
White Lion
Slaughter
Quiet Riot
Ratt
Poison
Faster Pussycat
Firehouse
Warrant
Skid Row
Winger
Dokken
Vince Neil
Steelheart
Britny Fox
LA Guns
Great White
Jackyl
Wasp
Twisted Sister

im thinking of getting tickets to Weird Al, hes going to be in Cedar Rapids beginning of July I believe.

Wow, a veritable feast of 80's hair bands! :hairraise:

My friends and I are at T-minus 2 weeks until Rush in Atlanta!:yes:

-Rich
WHY would you want to rush to Atlanta??? I can't wait to get gone everyday!

:goofy:

Back