Robotic Rectopexy

R

RMP

Yesterday, I had robotic rextopexy to address some issues I was having with rectal prolapse. It was a "minimally invasive" surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System. The surgery basically involved pulling my rectum back above my pelvic floor and then using sutures to for a sling between it and my hip bone (I forgot the technical name of it.) During recovery, I was given Heprin, Tordol, acetominephen (aka tylanol,) and one other drug I forgot the name of. I am currently on prescription painkillers for the net five days, though I don't plan on flying for the next few weeks anyway.

Will having this done effect my medical? I've already gotten a 3rd class medical, but am unsure if I need to report it.

To get it out of the way.

What a pain in the ass

Now that we have dispensed with that. Keep ground yourself until you are totally done with the pain killers plus many days of additional time.

For the medical, go to your doctor for the full unabridged version of his notes, the surgeons notes, the hospital records and more. Everything. Better to get more than needed now while it is still fresh versus later and records cannot be retrieved for some reason.

Come time for medical renewal, ask your AME for a consultation to go over your possible submission to gain education on how to fill in MedXpress for this procedure and your records to make sure you aren’t missing anything.

Once he says all is there and he would issue the renewal, schedule the “real” appointment and get it done.

Pro tip for your documents. Make a sticky label with your legal name, DOB, Pilot Certificate number, and the identifying numbers from AMCD and put it in the upper right of each page. This ensures that if a page or three try to escape from captivity, they can be reunited with their brethren inside the scanning center and database.

Can we not use the word ‘rectal’ please? TMI. ‘ I had surgery’ would have sufficed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back