Rob Holland 4-min Free, Nat's 2013

whifferdill

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
whifferdill
This is Rob's winning (of course) 4-minute Free flight at IAC Nationals last week. He also won the each of the Known/Free/Unknown programs too. Pretty ridiculous being able to do both so well. This flight contains your usual Rob stuff, but don't think I've seen the level flat spin he did at 2:52 before. Pretty cool looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLxPCoGc5s

I've watched a lot of aerobatics in the past 25 years but this is on a whole different level. At first I thought this was RC and you were just messing with us. Unbelievable.....

OMFG!! That is amazing, Rob takes it to another level with his flying.

Thanks for sharing that - truly incredible.

'Gimp

That's some serious horsepower he's making, and that plane must be light as heck.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't get to go to Nationals, but it felt like I was there. What an aviator Rob Holland is! I have never seen flying quite like that.

Typical Rob Holland awesomeness...

A few month ago I flew to Atlantic city just to watch his show.

Some of those pushes looked like minus 7Gs jeez, makes my head hurt just looking at it. How the heck did he do so e of that stuff.
When he did the cobra pull up screech to a halt thing, my husband who usually volunteers as boundary judge laughed and said, that's one way to not go out of bounds. Ha.

Last edited:
Haven't even the seen the video yet, but I'm smiling because all these comments summarize how I felt when I first saw one of his cockpit videos.

Back