Rivet Tool

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Anyone have any recommendations for a good rivet puller? In the RV build which I'm currently involved in were using 2 rivet tools. One has an articulating head and is kind of clunky it takes just far to many pumps before it snaps. The other its thinner and lighter and took far fewer squeezes to pop the rivet but it gave up the ghost the other day. I think the spring gave out. We also have a pneumatic tool but some angels it just won't make.

I can't make a good suggestion. There were so few pulled rivets in the -7A and -10 that we never invested in a really 'good' rivet puller.

Have you checked over at VAF forums? I think you can do a search on their forum without having to join if you don't want to get involved in the mayhem over there. ;)

Chris the 12 has a good amount of pop rivets at least in the baggage area and area where the seats go. The plane must have like 10 different kinds of rivets, pop, cherry, flush, bucking etc.

We do have a pneumatic puller but it won't fit everywhere.

Chris the 12 has a good amount of pop rivets at least in the baggage area and area where the seats go. The plane must have like 10 different kinds of rivets, pop, cherry, flush, bucking etc.

We do have a pneumatic puller but it won't fit everywhere.

There are several head styles for the cherrymax gun. Not sure what this equipment costs as I was using uncle SAMs tools in the Air Force.

For your pneumatic puller there should be a snake like attachment for it somewhere.

Take the riveter apart and clean the jaws and it will probably work again. DOn

Back