Risked my life today

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
I have not flown since 12/7/2016. Since I'm trading my plane in on 2/15/2017, they limited my tach time on the trade and I didn't want to bust it. But today was just too nice of a day not to fly.

So off I went. RNAV 3 into KPLR with full published missed, back to the RNAV 3 with a full stop. Then inbound to KBHM for the ILS 6.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not flown since December and didn't know if I would be rusty or not. Turns out I flew much better and greased my landings than I can remember ever flying. I think I got too comfortable when I was flying all the time and by being attentive, nailed my approaches, landings, and everything else.

Oh, and you may ask how I almost killed myself? I did all of this without an AOA.

You trade you airplane in on the 15th, I close on the cabin and start my manifesto on the 15th. Big day for both of us.

I think if you ate a blue donut for breakfast, you won't need an AOA. And soon you'll have a chute so the AOA is redundant.

You trade you airplane in on the 15th, I close on the cabin and start my manifesto on the 15th. Big day for both of us.

I think if you ate a blue donut for breakfast, you won't need an AOA. And soon you'll have a chute so the AOA is redundant.

Good luck on the cabin

Good luck on the cabin
Thanks. Hope you enjoy the smell of new leather when you get your plane.

I flew two instrument approaches last weekend in the dark. It had been months since I had done so and I found the same true for me: smooth, needle centered, on altitude. Being extra attentive is good for precision but I wonder what my personal threshold is for latency before I get truly rusty.

Then you were flying the same time as us. Went to KRMG for breakfast flying out of KBHM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not flown since 12/7/2016. Since I'm trading my plane in on 2/15/2017, they limited my tach time on the trade and I didn't want to bust it. But today was just too nice of a day not to fly.

So off I went. RNAV 3 into KPLR with full published missed, back to the RNAV 3 with a full stop. Then inbound to KBHM for the ILS 6.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not flown since December and didn't know if I would be rusty or not. Turns out I flew much better and greased my landings than I can remember ever flying. I think I got too comfortable when I was flying all the time and by being attentive, nailed my approaches, landings, and everything else.

Oh, and you may ask how I almost killed myself? I did all of this without an AOA.

How did you do it without stalling?

Redundant? Perish the thought. I'll bet Cirrus has the shroud lengths on the chute set precisely to hold the airplane in the perfect AOA attitude (Vbg?) as it coddles its occupants and gently drifts to earth playing inspirational background music on the intercom while the cameras are running. We would expect nothing less from the perfect manufacturer of the only "perfect airplane" on earth (other than a Bo). ;)

Good show!

I'm about to do the same, and be a test pilot at the same time! My engine is finally ready to install and break-in. Hopefully I will be committing some aviation tomorrow afternoon. Last flight was in mid-December in my old instructor's Champ. Most recent flight in the Luscombe was in early September.

If I survive, I'll post a pirep. :eek:

Good show!

I'm about to do the same, and be a test pilot at the same time! My engine is finally ready to install and break-in. Hopefully I will be committing some aviation tomorrow afternoon. Last flight was in mid-December in my old instructor's Champ. Most recent flight in the Luscombe was in early September.

If I survive, I'll post a pirep. :eek:

For some reason, for me anyway, when I take a small break from things, when I come back I just perform better. Golf is an example. When I take a long break, when I play again, I short my best rounds. Then I think, hey, I'm really good. I should start taking this seriously. Then it all goes to ****. Flying for me is kind of the same. When I take a break, I tend to grease my landings. Probably because I am focused. But when I fly all the time I just land without the grease. Oh well. I'll take the ok landings and flying more than greasing my landings and flying less any day of the week. Enjoy the new engine.

Back