Risk Management

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
A friend here at work goes on a long weekend trip to the Everglades every other year or so with a few buddies to drink beer, and solve the world's problems, and then drink more beer in celebration. Recently, a local fisherman and friend were in the exact same spot where my co-worker goes and ran across the scene in the attached video.
While the scene is amazing in and of itself, why would one take a boat into that mess of 'gators. They just might be smart enough to tip that little boat over and then........

http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2010/07/gator-feeding-frenzy-in-okefen.html

Okefenokee is in S. Georgia.
Everglades are in S. Florida.

Exact same spot? That's a giant spot. :p

The best part is the guy took his boat through there. Must have never entered his mind what would happen if a few of those gators hit the boat hard enough. Here, hold my beer. :D

Okefenokee is in S. Georgia.
Everglades are in S. Florida.

Exact same spot? That's a giant spot. :p

Duh! I grew up in Ga. and I should have caught that...... I guess the nits in Michigan are large, too. Are they big enough to pick yet?:D
The guy here in the office says he has been to that state park about 10 times in the last 15 years and he's pretty sure he's been to that spot. Who am I to accuse him of not recognizing that spot?????

Paddle faster..... I hear banjos!!!!!!!!!!

Duh! I grew up in Ga. and I should have caught that...... I guess the nits in Michigan are large, too. Are they big enough to pick yet?:D
The guy here in the office says he has been to that state park about 10 times in the last 15 years and he's pretty sure he's been to that spot. Who am I to accuse him of not recognizing that spot?????

Paddle faster..... I hear banjos!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, once you get south of the Ohio River it's all the same anyway. :D

On my many trips between here and Jacksonville, I'd fly over the eastern edge of that swamp. I had about a 10 minute window where I'd be thinking "engine, please don't fail me now" and I'd be eyeballing US1/301 out there between Waycross and Folkston. Definitely knew which way I'd turn if I heard a "bang!"

Back