RIP, my friend

No official preliminary report from NTSB. I have poked around a bit and was disturbed with what I found. The wreckage was off the north end of Runway 32, east of the runway centerline. I found a historical weather report that said the wind was out of the SSW at 20 knots, gusting to 28. Even with a 7000-foot runway, that is a mighty big tailwind component. If true, we have a basic lack of airmanship involved.

Attached, N8415C in happier days, at Gastons.
Who knows, maybe they were making an emergency return after takeoff or something. Time will tell. Again, condolences.

I think this will be a bad year. Warmer than usual temperatures for much of the country for much of the year. More flying. More crashes.

Sorry to hear your friends Ken, this has to hurt pretty bad.

No official preliminary report from NTSB.

Didn't this happen in the Bahamas ? Usually those reports just state: 'the investigation is performed by the civil aviation ministry of the Bahamas, contact Mr soandso at this address Nassau Bahamas for details'.

Sorry to hear your friends Ken, this has to hurt pretty bad.

Thanks, everyone. To add to it, I got a call from tbe bank where they had their loan called me yesterday because they had old corporate records. They had that snotty bill-collector attitude and hit me with, "The payment was rejected because the account has been frozen..."

Back