RIP Jason Leffler

ryoung99

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rick
NASCAR racer Jason Leffler died tonight after wrecking his sprint car in New Jersey. Very sad day in the racing community.

We had lost a few too many sprint car drivers in the last few years.

Racing is dangerous, always has been. Nature of the best. I know some dead motorcycle racers. In fact I know more dead bikers than pilots.

It is, but NASCAR actually has a pretty good safety record. Serious injuries, let alone deaths, are rare even in pretty severe crashes. The last death I'm aware of is Dale Earnhardt Sr. back in 2001, and even that was a fluke as the crash shouldn't have been severe enough to kill him.

It is, but NASCAR actually has a pretty good safety record. Serious injuries, let alone deaths, are rare even in pretty severe crashes. The last death I'm aware of is Dale Earnhardt Sr. back in 2001, and even that was a fluke as the crash shouldn't have been severe enough to kill him.

Might want to watch that crash again, and you'll change your mind on it. There was almost zero energy dissipation and he wasn't wearing a HANS device.

Just to be clear, Leffler was killed in a Sprint car race which had nothing to do with NASCAR.

Attachments

• sprint_car.jpg
    sprint_car.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 4
  • winged sprint.jpg
    winged sprint.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just to be clear, Leffler was killed in a Sprint car race which had nothing to do with NASCAR.

Ah. I misunderstood the news clip from this morning. I thought they said was a NASCAR Sprint series race.

Back