RIP Dusty Hill

Ah bummer.

Always loved seeing the Eliminator on MTV as a little kid.
bNnYgpPAzA647sfPZsLW8n.jpg

The sounds are in my head and my toes a tappin’. Thanks for the memories Dusty. RIP and belt it on out up there.

The Top is left with no bottom.

Damn.

RIP, Dusty, and thanks for all those rocking years.

Our childhood/teen heros are slowly going west. Circle of life, and all that.

I was always a fan, though I only got to see them perform live once.

I still remember my double take when they unexpectedly turned up in Back to the Future III.

I still remember my double take when they unexpectedly turned up in Back to the Future III.

Mind blown! Never noticed that, and the rotating guitars should have been my clue!

RIP Dusty. True legend.

Saw them years ago (surprised my dad with tickets and we had a blast). Had tickets to see them again in a couple weeks. One of my earliest memories of MTV is the Eliminator and the fuzzy/spinning guitars. And of course the beards.

Incidentally, if you haven’t seen it, good show on Netflix looking at the band’s history.

Dusty lived about a mile down the road from me on Galveston bay in San Leon…house has been abandoned for a long time after taking on water during hurricane Ike…first time I met him though was in 1981 when he and Billy were checking in with Lorraine, Billys mom who was the Secretary of the PE department at Rice University…Lorraine was always a source of tickets if she liked you and the boys were in town. I never have heard a bad thing spoken about any of the members of the band…always seemed rooted to their common man background…thanks for the tickets Lorraine and RIP Dusty

Dusty lived about a mile down the road from me on Galveston bay in San Leon…house has been abandoned for a long time after taking on water during hurricane Ike…first time I met him though was in 1981 when he and Billy were checking in with Lorraine, Billys mom who was the Secretary of the PE department at Rice University…Lorraine was always a source of tickets if she liked you and the boys were in town. I never have heard a bad thing spoken about any of the members of the band…always seemed rooted to their common man background…thanks for the tickets Lorraine and RIP Dusty

Never having met them, I still had that impression as well. I watched them repeatedly interact with fans, including a 12yo boy there with his parents. He was holding a sign asking Frank Beard for a set of drumsticks…by the time they were done the kid was on stage and ultimately leaving with drumsticks signed by Beard, and a bunch of other swag.

Back