Right Seat

PhantomCougar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Phantom
Well today I flew in the right seat for the first time and it was good.

I had gone to get comfortable in an Archer, which I hadn't flown in almost 4 years and my old instructor, who knew I was getting ready to start on my CFI, asked if I wanted to try it and I said sure. I had no intention to fly right or ground work to prepare for this new concept prior to getting in the A/C. Had a hard time seeing the ball on the TC (curse you, parallax) and did not maintain direction well on a power-off stall but the steep turns, power-on stalls, and landings went very well.

On a side note, I was looking at the logs and this Archer hasn't flown since last June. WTF??? Who owns a plane and never flies it? Needed a jump start.

Last edited:
Well Mark i like flying right seat also,i do it so that if i'm flying with someone and there is a problem i know i could take the controls and fly and land the plane safely.(not CFI and dont plan on being). I've flown My Piper, and a buddies Cessna,and another buddies Mooney from right seat.
Dave G

Yes, a very detailed pre-flight.

And parallax can be your friend, when you are running low on fuel, you just need to look at the gauges from a shallow left angle and you gain a few gallons... right? :)

I had a blast in the right seat.

And parallax can be your friend, when you are running low on fuel, you just need to look at the gauges from a shallow left angle and you gain a few gallons... right? :)
For some reason, that won't work on a glass panel!?!?! :dunno:

:D

Back