Rideshare potential? DC to SAV & back

M

Maria_Andretti

Hi all!
<--- As you can see, I'm brand spanking new. Sadly, I'm not a pilot, although I used to live with one (when he wasn't in Alaska).

I was referred to this board by Robert Fisher at AOPA because I asked him how to find pilots who could potentially rideshare.

Here's my situation - we are searching for a pilot/pilots/charter service who may fly a somewhat regular route between Washington, DC and Savannah, GA. We live in DC (Rockville, MD, to be precise) and are buying a beach cottage on Tybee Island and are interested in filling seats on existing flights now and then in order to travel back and forth. We don't have lots of cash to spend on commercial airlines (not after buying that spendy real estate!), and the drive is pretty tough to take. We'd be willing to barter for the use of our beach cottage, or pay for part of the gas involved.

I'm hoping that this post doesn't qualify as a 'solicitation' per se, since I'm not selling anything. Rather, I'd love to help out someone who's already doing the route, by either filling a seat, keeping you awake, or providing you with a place near the beach to hang out at once in a while.

Anyway; let me know if this is an appropriate request, or if not, if there are boards/sites where rides are posted/requested. I hate to offend!

Thanks! - Alisa

Maria_Andretti said:
Hi all!
<--- As you can see, I'm brand spanking new.

Hi Alisa, welcome! :)

Maria_Andretti said:
Sadly, I'm not a pilot

That's OK, but if you ever decide to become a pilot, you'll get lots of support and advice here. :yes:

Best of luck in your quest. :)

Thanks so much for your replies! I'll check out the Share-a-Ride site.

At this point, I'm too poor to even consider the journey to become a pilot. But I do really enjoy flying with others, no matter what size the plane is. Maybe once I'm out from under the mortgage load, I can ponder it.
By then I'd be an old pilot, and probably not so bold, so I'd have a better chance of survival. LOL.

Back