Rides for my little brother!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey all,
With just recently receiving my Private license i have only been able to give a few rides.
It turns out so far my favorite passenger is my 10 year old brother. I thought he would be scared and nervous, but he wasn't the slightest bit. He loves it, i let him fly a little, or pretty much just hold the controls while i fly. He shows a real interest and it is exciting. Everyday he is free, he asks me if we can fly. He is starting to be interested in the weather and im trying to teach him how to listen to AWOS a little.

I had to explain to him the difference between a good and a bad landing and that a bad one sometimes won't be in the center and might float more etc.
The last time he went i had a little crosswind, but somehow managed to get a good landing in. He said "Nice landing, Ru" hah it was funny.
He will probably be my all time tag along until he learns, but i don't mind, it's fun to have someone so interested.

Rudy said:
With just recently receiving my Private license i have only been able to give a few rides.
It turns out so far my favorite passenger is my 10 year old brother.

Rudy, you might be interested in signing him up as a Young Eagle through EAA.

Rudy said:
He will probably be my all time tag along until he learns, but i don't mind, it's fun to have someone so interested.

Looks like your grandfather will have yet another student pilot in the family. :)

Let me know if he wants a ride in the Citabria sometime.

Diana said:
Rudy, you might be interested in signing him up as a Young Eagle through EAA.

I will look into that and ask him if he is interested.

Diana said:
Looks like your grandfather will have yet another student pilot in the family. :)

Let me know if he wants a ride in the Citabria sometime

Yeah, he is definitely gonna want to learn. I will ask him about the Citabria, he might like that.

Diana said:
Are you a member of EAA? If so, you can be a Young Eagle Flight Leader and sign your brother up for the Young Eagles program. Just order the free supplies from the web site.

I am not currently a member, but that looks like something i would be interested in. I will look into it further.

Back