Rhinebeck Jamboree - Sept 6, 7, 8

World War 1 and Golden era Radio Control models, all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 2:00 PM.
Full scale airshow Saturday and Sunday 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.

I will be there all weekend, hopefully flying in with a couple of Cubs on Saturday.

https://oldrhinebeck.org/

World War 1 and Golden era Radio Control models, Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 2:00 PM.
Full scale airshow Saturday and Sunday 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.

I will be there all weekend, hopefully flying in with a couple of Cubs on Saturday.

https://oldrhinebeck.org/
I see the website lists the field as "challenging". Would a Warrior make it in/out of there?

Looks like there is a pavement strip right down the road...do you know if there is a shuttle? Would it be too far for bicycles?

I see the website lists the field as "challenging". Would a Warrior make it in/out of there?

Looks like there is a pavement strip right down the road...do you know if there is a shuttle? Would it be too far for bicycles?

How is your short field technique? It is indeed challenging, but I've seen Cessna's and low wing Pipers make it in and out.
The nearby airport you are referring to is Sky Park ( 46N) and it's a bit of a mess. I haven't been in there in years. The black top is (mostly) broken up.
It's 3.3 miles from Rhinebeck.

Uber? This is "middle of no where" New York. Might want to check on that.

Rhinebeck is private, so unless you know somebody, I don't think you are flying in there. And yeah, its short and grass.

Since Rhinebeck is privately owned, you might want to call ahead and let them know you are coming.
There really aren't any tiedowns, but we park on the side across the field from where the visitors sit (east side).
1. Landing to the north you fly through the cut in the trees to get low. At this point you have 2 options.
If you are very short you are landing down hill. You are going to roll across a paved road/driveway that bisects the field. You are going to bounce. then it's an uphill roll.

Or:
Keep it off until you pass the over the road/driveway.
If you are on the ground at the gift shop, you are golden. If not, go around.

2. If you are landing to the south, there is a dogleg that goes left to right, or you can come over the very tall trees, slip like crazy and set down as short as possible. It's slightly downhill for 1,500(ish) feet, then steeper down hill. If you are on the ground before you get to the viewing stands, you are golden. If not, go around.

Busy day at Rhinebeck.
We have 62 pilots and 100(ish) models on the field as of 4:30 PM Friday.
One 1/3 scale Nieuport 17 has already re-kitted itself (big-time), and this flew in today:DSCN2533.JPG

Back