Reverse Counterfeit Tickets

HotRock

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
HotRock
I don't know how many of you have bought event tickets online but this is topical item. Around this time of year you hear of counterfeit tickets being sold and to to take precautions.

Here is a new twist. I heard guy telling how he had sold his extra tickets to the Mississippi/Alabama game. He had gone to the official Mississippi State ticket exchange website. He went to game and sat next to the people that had bought the tickets (Alabama fans) and had a wonderful day. They were pleasant and even said the seats were great. Only thing, the ticket exchange office refused to pay him because the tickets had been reported as being counterfeit. Dang, that had to suck.

A little confused... I take it the exchange office was acting as the middle man for the sale of tickets to the second owners and when the first owner went to receive his/her money from the exchange they refused to pay because the tickets were counterfeit? So doesn't that mean the original owner tried to pull a fast one and it backfired?

A little confused... I take it the exchange office was acting as the middle man for the sale of tickets to the second owners and when the first owner went to receive his/her money from the exchange they refused to pay because the tickets were counterfeit? So doesn't that mean the original owner tried to pull a fast one and it backfired?
No, the buyers got the tickets, enjoyed the event, (sitting next to the seller!) then had the nerve to report them as fake so they got to go for free. I'd be beyond ****ed. Last time I'd use that service.

Just walk around outside and hold the tickets up or fingers in the number you want. I've done it both ways and haven't spent more then 30 minutes before getting a bite.

Back