Retirement gift ideas - line crew

flyingpreacher

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flyingpreacher
Our local line guy is retiring. He listens to the radio and by the time I shut down and climb out of the plane, the fuel truck is sitting in front of it waiting to fuel me up. Swell guy. One of our club pilots who has flown all across the US and outside the US says that this is the best line guy he's ever encountered.

That said, looking for retirement gift ideas.

Our local line guy is retiring. He listens to the radio and by the time I shut down and climb out of the plane, the fuel truck is sitting in front of it waiting to fuel me up. Swell guy. One of our club pilots who has flown all across the US and outside the US says that this is the best line guy he's ever encountered.

That said, looking for retirement gift ideas.

Price range?

If you don’t know him very well, an Amazon or Best Buy gift card would probably be appreciated.

Give him a nice Breitling Navitimer, some of you guys are cheap a 50 visa card, really?
get a bunch of pilots to chip in

I like the plaque idea, along with a decent gift card. Something along the lines of "Thanks for always looking out for us, and keeping us flying safe." It's great that he was always being quick with the fuel. It's awesome that you always got 100LL not jet-A. My bet is that he took pride in not only making your lives easier, but in being friendly and making sure he and you were always safe. $50? Get a couple of guys together and get something in the $100-200 range.

Get together all the members of your club, and collect a pile of bills that will be outside of anything he might visualize. Don't combine it into a few big bills, just pile all the bills together, and put a rubber band on them. I personally would chip in $50, but that is what I gave my paper boy this year for exceptional service. Cash spends anywhere, any time, and buys exactly what he wants.

Hand it to him, with the statement that the airport will not be the same without him. Memories are cemented in that manner, and make it a good one. He is a rare asset at any airport. Fortunately, there are others, and I have met quite a few.

Last edited:
Back