Restoring Lost Programs

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
My new PC is smoking(speedier than) the 2003 unit I replaced. However, in the process of transferring data from the old HD to the new HD there were certain files that didn't get transferred.

Specifically, the previously-bookmarked sites which feature the Practice Test(s) for various Knowledge Test categories are missing. Can anyone point me to those sites? I enjoy "running" them, particularly the levels above my current plateau. Thanks for assisting.

HR

Why not just move the "Favorites" directory from the old computer to the new one? All you links are there.

Risingup has PPL and IFR tests: http://www.risingup.com/tests/

I found some wrong answer choices on that one, as well as obsolete questions for which the question and figures from the FAA supplement don't match.

I like exams4pilots.com better, although it too is a bit outdated, you can at least see comments from other users in the event the correct answer changes.

?? You're talking to a button pusher, here. The transfer of files was done by my regular service technician, thereby at a remote location for the old/new units. I thought everything on the old was transferred, though I'm aware that "Programs" don't get transferred -- need to be reinstalled. Hmmm; maybe I need to look a bit deeper and see if the Favorites are "there," somewhere in the 225 GB of stuff that got transferred.

HR

EDIT: Thanks for the tip; I FOUND the Favorites in a place I hadn't checked.

Last edited:
Back