For Sale Restoration Project - Beechcraft Musketeer A23A ~60% Complete

Devon A Gumke

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Devon G.
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to reach out to the aviation community to see if there was anyone interested in taking on, actually completing, a very exciting aircraft restoration project. My aircraft (N2301W) has a fuselage that is in amazing condition and this aircraft will be in brand new condition once the project is completed. I am 24 years old with future aspirations to become an airline pilot and I had a vision of getting my hours built up on this plane and use it as an investment in my career. The aircraft really makes a good IFR platform and is normal/utility rated. Unfortunately, the project is a bit more than I can chew myself and it is over-budget and I recently bought a house which has made the project harder, if not now impossible, to complete. Oh how I wish Paul Allen were still here (RIP), he loved to restore old aircraft :)

This sale would include:
-The Aircraft, Beechcraft Musketeer A23a (N2301W)
-New windows and slats (tinted UV protected and very nice from Plane Plastics)
-ADSB System - Stratus ESGI - new
-Airspeed Indicator - overhauled
-Garmin GNS 530 GPS - Fresh 8130
-PSA8000B Audio panel
-GI-106A
-Overhauled VSI
-KX-155
-KI-209
-New Altimeter
-New mag compass
-Engine cluster -original and yet to be overhauled
-starter cylinder
-Alt. Encoder
-Transponder Antenna
-Overhauled heading indicator
-Overhauled artificial horizon
-New fuel selector valve
-New clock
-TSO'd USB port
-Aircraft waterproof cover, customized fit
And few more cool things.....

Reasons why I cannot continue the project:
-Over budget - but yes, I splurged on the avionics
-One of the wings will need to be replace due to rodent corrosion on the wing spar, its small corrosion spot but it needs to be replaced. There is an aircraft with similar SN in Deer Park WA at a salvage yard or someone on Beech Aero Club might be able to help with that.
-Only half the engine overhaul is paid for, I put down 15K but the total cost is 30K so 15K is due - that debt would be assumed by the buyer. The engine is at Premier Aero Motors in Trout-dale Or.

Still to be done/needs:
-Aircraft needs paint
-Wiring up of the avionics
-Interior
-2nd half of engine payment as mentioned above
-Wing as mentioned above
-Engine cluster needs restoration

The paint has mostly been stripped - one wing left I believe, engine mount got refinished, new electrical wiring has been ran for power.

The aircraft was being worked on at Kalispell Aircraft Repair but is currently in Joseph Oregon where the business moved.

With all the avionics, labor and aircraft purchase itself, I am asking for $50,000 (which is less than I have into it). Please keep in mind, once the aircraft is completed, it will be like brand new. I would estimate to complete the project it would take another 30to40K which would include the rest of the engine overhaul, interior, paint and labor. That would be under 100K for a brand new, beautiful, retro-flying aircraft. The aircraft is really in good condition other than where that rodent made a nest on the wing spar. There is not really bumps or bruises anywhere on the fuselage.

Thank you for your time reading this post. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or express your interest. You can shoot me a text at (425) 314-9886. I live in Marysville WA.

Kind regards,
-Devon Gumke

Attachments

• IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 121
Gotta admit, quite a project.

Folks, remember that the RoC prohibit commentary on the value of items presented for sale.

Edit: We had several posters who were providing commentary on their opinion of this item's value. As a reminder, this is not allowed and will result in a warning with points.

Last edited:
Wasn’t there a GoFundMe at one point for this aircraft?

Back