Reread of how those rep points work

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
My rep power went up yet again. As it turns out, you get yet another power point just by hangin' around a year. So, now I am up to three power points. One is the given, another is for exceeding 1,000 posts, and another is for being here over a year. I bet a lot of you have at least two or three now, too.

Don't worry, Chuck and Brian--I will use my power for good, not evil!

wangmyers said:
My rep power went up yet again. As it turns out, you get yet another power point just by hangin' around a year. So, now I am up to three power points. One is the given, another is for exceeding 1,000 posts, and another is for being here over a year. I bet a lot of you have at least two or three now, too.

Don't worry, Chuck and Brian--I will use my power for good, not evil!
I DO worry about that, Ben. I'll bet that's the real reason you took away your avatar :yes:

Nope....now you've got three. Spend wisely.

Nux vomica and pax vobiscum to you too!

There is a difference between rep points and reputation power.

Michael said:
is a power point different from a regular point?
i have none :(
Hmmm. I thought everyone started with one. I could be wrong.

wangmyers said:
Hmmm. I thought everyone started with one. I could be wrong.
You don't get one until you cross a certain post threshold (don't remember the number but it's in the explanation).

After certain milestones are met, your reputation power is increased. The more points you receive helps increase your 'giving' power as well as time on the forums, post count, etc..

Michael should be fine and is probably at or rapidly approaching 2 reputation power instead of the standard one.

Brian Austin said:
Michael should be fine and is probably at or rapidly approaching 2 reputation power instead of the standard one.

Maybe with alittle help :yes:

With your join date of Feb 2005, and your 885 posts, you will soon be at 3 power. (1 year anniversary, 1000 posts)

Michael said:
where does it show the power points at?

Hit the user CP and it look at your points lastest reputation given totals window. On the top right it will 'your reputation power is..." and then tell you how many points you can give.

smigaldi said:
I'm still a 1. But I thought it went up at 500posts not 1000 did I jsut read the faq too quick??

Yeah, yeah I know I talking to myself here :drama:

I found my answer and will share it.

from Greebo
Here are the rules:
- New posters start with a reputation level of 10.
- Posters with less than 50 posts have no reputation power. (New accounts can not be created just to affect another's reputation)
- You must have a reputation level of 10 or higher for reputation power to be effective.
- You start with a reputation power of 1.
- You gain 1 point of power for every 100 points of reputation gained from others.
- You gain 1 point of power for every 1,000 posts made.
- You gain 1 point of power for every 365 days you've been a member of this site.
- You may only give or take away reputation 10 times a day.
- Once you affect a users reputation, you must affect 20 other users reputations before you can affect the first user's again.
- Administrators (myself included) do not have any extra power. However, we are not subject to the 10x a day or the 20 user spread limitations.

It was the titles that go up at 500 posts.

Hmmm, I've got 2. I guess I'm falling short of the 1,000 post level. Gotta start talking more and listening less!:D

smigaldi said:
Yeah, yeah I know I talking to myself here :drama:

I found my answer and will share it.

from Greebo

It was the titles that go up at 500 posts.

Don't feel too bad Scott! Looks like it'll be four more years before I get 100 points. Guess I haven't been on here as long as I thought :rolleyes:

Dave

smigaldi said:
Hit the user CP and it look at your points lastest reputation given totals window. On the top right it will 'your reputation power is..." and then tell you how many points you can give.

Hmmm, I don't see it there. Do you have to have more than a few dozen postings to see it?

Back