Reputation and Thread Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a multi thousand hour ATP guy and have no problem being a "Rookie". I might say something incorrect. :) I won't mean too but I might. My ego will disagree but I don't have all the answers. ::dance: Honestly, I havent really paid too much attention to the ratings anyway. I am more interested in the content of the post.

B

Yikes… this is all kind of cool, but I am hoping that I don’t get a reputation for being a lurker! Sorry in advance to all for that, but with only about 70 hours under my belt (wings) I still have a hard time formulating an intelligent question. However, I do love this new board and I really enjoy reading the all of the forum posts.

dcroce said:
Yikes… this is all kind of cool, but I am hoping that I don’t get a reputation for being a lurker! Sorry in advance to all for that, but with only about 70 hours under my belt (wings) I still have a hard time formulating an intelligent question. However, I do love this new board and I really enjoy reading the all of the forum posts.
Danny, you are the kind of lurker we all like, because it makes us feel smarter than we are. :p

dcroce said:
...but with only about 70 hours under my belt (wings) I still have a hard time formulating an intelligent question.

Oh, am I supposed to be asking intelligent questions? That's going to limit my involvement a great deal.

Danny, don't hesitate to ask whatever is on your mind. We're glad you're here.

Chip

Len Lanetti said:
Danny,

What kind of airplane is that in your avatar?

Len[/QUOTE

The airplane in the avatar is the '75 C172 that I used for half of my training. After about 20 hours I switch over to an '02 C172SP.

Im just glad my wife didnt use something like this to rate me. Id still be single.....

dcroce said:

Perhaps Chuck/Brian/&Co. can make it so lurking (reading lots, saying little) adds to one's status like creating posts does. There's a lot to be said for listening before speaking (not that I ever let such a concept affect me).

Reputation levels have been revised slightly. As users start with a default of 10 reputation points, the "Shameless Behavior" level now starts at less than 0, so that if a user loses a single point, they don't immediately lose their stature.

Other low level rankings have also had their point requirement progressions smoothed out.

lancefisher said:
Perhaps Chuck/Brian/&Co. can make it so lurking (reading lots, saying little) adds to one's status like creating posts does. There's a lot to be said for listening before speaking (not that I ever let such a concept affect me).
For every 365 days of membership here, users gain 1 reputation power point.

So lurking for a long, LONG time will net you some power, but not nearly as much as being a frequent poster. :)

Effective as of this post, the required "spread around" limit has been changed from 20 to 10. This means that if you give reputation to "Tom Pilotowski", you only need to give reptuation to 10 other people before giving more reputation to "Tom Pilotowski", instead of 20.

If there are one or more real persons named Tom Pilotowski, Pilots of America wishes to indicate that the reference to "Tom Pilotowski" in no way is intended to implicate him, her, or them.

Greebo said:
The "Thread" column takes you to the post for which you received reputation.

The "Posted By" column has links to the user who gave you the reputation.

The symbol to the left of the thread will either be green, red, or grey.
reputation_balance.gif
- Means the user who gave you reputation had no Reputation Power at the time of the posting, and so their input had no affect on your Reputation Level.
reputation_pos.gif
- Means the user who gave you reputation had a positive effect upon your Reputation Level.
reputation_neg.gif
- Means the user who gave you reputation had a negative effect upon your Reputation Level.
Maybe things have changed since your post but I have never seen a column indicating who gave me reputation points. This system is anonymous in that regard.

I think I've been on this board for more than a year but I do not remember ever seeing who gave reputation points. In fact I seem to remember a discussion about this and that it is an anonymous system. I also remember posting something expressing concerns about it being anonymous.

Am I missing something?

Jean

Maverick said:
Maybe things have changed since your post but I have never seen a column indicating who gave me reputation points. This system is anonymous in that regard.

I think I've been on this board for more than a year but I do not remember ever seeing who gave reputation points. In fact I seem to remember a discussion about this and that it is an anonymous system. I also remember posting something expressing concerns about it being anonymous.

Am I missing something?

Jean

You won't see who gave you points unless the giver includes their name. Admins can see who did what, though.

Joe Williams said:
You won't see who gave you points unless the giver includes their name. Admins can see who did what, though.

I know and that has been my experience but the way Chuck wrote that, it just sounded as if everyone should be able to see who gave them reputation points. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Jeannie

Maverick said:
I know and that has been my experience but the way Chuck wrote that, it just sounded as if everyone should be able to see who gave them reputation points. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Jeannie
When I wrote it, I was basing what I wrote on my view of the rep system. I didnt realise then that you guys saw a different view.

One day I'll get a round tuit and update that info.

Greebo said:
When I wrote it, I was basing what I wrote on my view of the rep system. I didnt realise then that you guys saw a different view.

One day I'll get a round tuit and update that info.

Ok, that explains it then.

Thanks,
Jean

Oooops! Tried to give Ed Fred some green and it turned up red! Howditdodat? How do I undo it?

Dave

Ummm Just wanted to post that I have now read this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back