Reporting STDs

• Thread starter Justanotherpilot87
  • Start date
J

Justanotherpilot87

I may have been exposed to gonorrhea and chlamydia. As a precautionary measure I consulted with a online telehealth doctor (I just filled out a form) and was prescribed

cefixime (one time)
Doxycycline monohydrate (7 days)
Metronidazole (one time)

since I’m not actively taking these, I don’t have to report now, correct? Do I report the “doctor visit”? Even though it was technically me filling out a online form and paying $50?

no need to report those antibiotics if you’ve finished or will have finished by the time you do your application / exam. If you want to list the telehealth visit just say “UTI, treated with antibiotics, resolved”

I'm going to invoke the standard rules clause, Pics required or never happened.

Please use appropriate discretion.

Speaking of reporting. Anyone forgot to report a doctors visit on their previous application for just wellness visit, etc. nothing disqualifying and then put it in their current application to save face? Any issues ever come of it?

This is the FAA's guidance on which visits should be reported. As others have said, except for routine dental, eye, and FAA exams, almost everything should be recorded. Whether STIs or other issues, error on the side of over-sharing. Unless you have a medical conditions that currently impacts safety of flight, the visits themselves should not make a difference in your certification.

Back