Reporting Requirements, tumors....

T Bone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
T Bone
Had a lipoma (fatty tumor) removed from my shoulder today (minor outpatient surgery). I recall seeing something on the FAA medical forms regarding tumors. Am I required to report this to my AME now, or just when I renew the medical next year, or ever? (I've already told the surgeon I'll need a copy of the path report for the AME... should I submit it Tuesday when i get it?).

Thanks.

T Bone said:
Had a lipoma (fatty tumor) removed from my shoulder today (minor outpatient surgery). I recall seeing something on the FAA medical forms regarding tumors. Am I required to report this to my AME now, or just when I renew the medical next year, or ever? (I've already told the surgeon I'll need a copy of the path report for the AME... should I submit it Tuesday when i get it?).

Thanks.
A lipoma is not of much concern. Most AMEs will simply take your word on it that it was what it was- and benign at that. If you bring it with, it's helpful. But knowing the kpractices of all the general surgeons in my community, if an airman says, "lipoma removed by Dr. Br__tad in the office on 2/1/05" I look at the scar, and if it was superficial work, that's the end of it.

Thanks Doc! I appreciate the response (just managed my ay here from the server migration, seems others got here awhile ago....)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back