Reporting Physical Therapy

M

MarkMonh

I was training for an iron man and unfortunately began to suffer from achilles tendinitis (mild-case). I’m engaging with a physical therapist to help recover (and strengthen). The injury doesn’t affect my ability to fly nor am I on medication. The issue should resolve itself in a month (hopefully). Do I need to report this on my next medical and do I need to bring any documentation?…it is a very benign condition imo.

Did you self-diagnose and contact the PT on your own? Or did this start with a Doc visit, perhaps a Sport Orthopedic Doc?

Did you self-diagnose and contact the PT on your own? Or did this start with a Doc visit, perhaps a Sport Orthopedic Doc?

This was self diagnosed. I contacted the PT on my own. No X-Rays or imaging taken, rather they did their own “evaluation”. It is a PT clinic that specializes in sports medicine.

I don’t want to hide anything but I know what caused the injury (50 miles of running per week). PT is 30 minutes of strengthening the ankle/foot and I’ll eventually progress to anti gravity running machines and then back to full on running. They also massage the area. A nice benefit

I was training for an iron man...
(50 miles of running per week)

i'm a little more concerned by the mental instability. anyone that voluntarily submits themselves to this level of torture probably has unhealthy masochistic tendencies... :p:D:po_O

p.s. yes, i'm kidding

I was training for an iron man and unfortunately began to suffer from achilles tendinitis (mild-case). I’m engaging with a physical therapist to help recover (and strengthen). The injury doesn’t affect my ability to fly nor am I on medication. The issue should resolve itself in a month (hopefully). Do I need to report this on my next medical and do I need to bring any documentation?…it is a very benign condition imo.
Report the PT visits. No big deal.

Got the same condition from trail running. PT did dry-needling. Shish kebab skewers (at least what it felt like) through the calf muscles and another through the tendons. Definitely don't recommend...

Got the same condition from trail running. PT did dry-needling. Shish kebab skewers (at least what it felt like) through the calf muscles and another through the tendons. Definitely don't recommend...
Ah, voodoo.

Dry needling seemed to accelerate my recovery when I tore my calf. Definitely more painful than acupuncture needles.

They also massage the area. A nice benefit
Tore up finger, doc sent me to his pt office. Every therapist was a ~25 year old female.

A couple years later I needed to go for my back so my wife found some other place that was “more convenient.” Just a coincidence that everyone there was 50+ lol

Back