reporter arrested for drone use at accident

Entrapment was the name of the game. The police officers knew full well they were lying out of their asses, but they were ****ed that I exercised my rights and were literally just trying to **** me off enough to draw a response. After a few minutes of this crap they simply let me go (with a few choice words about my character)

That sounds about like what a San Antonio cop did to me after I got stopped for jaywalking. (I got the ticket, too)

Reading that story, it appears that the reporter made the mistake of talking to police.

When they approached him, he should have declined to talk, asked if he is free to go, and just left.

Freedom of assembly?

A city in California just started requiring their Officers to wear personal video cameras.

Go figure.

pypuju4u.jpg

A city in California just started requiring their Officers to wear personal video cameras.

Go figure.

pypuju4u.jpg

Well naturally, now that all the Citizens who were up to no good know they are on camera, they've started behaving and so therefore the PD doesn't have to use force and they don't get complaints that aren't substantiated by video.

[/sarcasm]

I'm sure some of the drop in complaints is the fraction of idiots who will lie about what the cops do.

The far more interesting statistic is the lower use of force. When no one was looking, how many suspects "just tripped, Your Honor, I swear!" to get their injuries?

I question those stats. What is the source? Looks like someone did this on a phone app. 88% reduction in complaints. Doubt it! People are going to complain regardless. Most of the time the individual does not know or care about what surveillance equipment an officer may be wearing.

Unless those complaint figures are in the single digits I doubt 88% is accurate.

I question those stats. What is the source? Looks like someone did this on a phone app. 88% reduction in complaints. Doubt it! People are going to complain regardless. Most of the time the individual does not know or care about what surveillance equipment an officer may be wearing.

Unless those complaint figures are in the single digits I doubt 88% is accurate.

Ahhhh, the blue defending the blue to the bitter end.

Google "Rialto California cop cams" and you'll see numerous cites substantiating all the data.

If you got nothing to hide.....?

1) I did, for 8 1/2 years in Dade County, FL, from 1982 to 1990. Most spent in "Central District". Think: where the riots were. Lot of good arrests, putting people in jail who needed to be there.

2) Most of the officers I rode with were honest. Rogue cops were the ones who got shunned. Being around them put your job, your freedom and even your life in jeopardy.

3) In the academy, we were specifically introduced to the term "contempt of cop". The lesson was that there was no such thing, and that if you could not find a State Law which had been violated to just walk (drive) away.

4) Most of my time was spent as a Field Training Officer, and part of my job was to weed out recruits who were overly "badge heavy". A single fraudulent report or fabricated arrest report was enough to get washed out, if proven.

I will stipulate there are bad cops and dishonest cops. But I think it's natural that we focus on the abuses we hear about, some of which are admittedly pretty blatant. You just don't tend to read about all the honest cops that just day after day and night after night just get the job done and go home. It's much like the public perception of how dangerous small planes are - when it's off your radar until there's a crash, you're perception is bound to be skewed.

Same thing going on here, I suspect.

Well put.

I'm glad you're skeptical, because it's the Internet, but I haven't found any evidence they're not accurate.

I also think police and their attitudes have changed a whole lot since you retired. And not for the better.

Depends a lot on where they work and whether they feel they can get away with it.

We have one untouchable here in Denver. The City and County has shelled out over $3M in legal defense and settlements against his multiple inappropriate use of force cases so far. He's not behind a desk and is still on the street.

I keep wondering which politician or higher ranking police officer he has video of, doing something even more inappropriate. No city is usually THAT stupid. No cop is worth $3M.

But then again. It's being paid for by the very taxpayers he beats up regularly. So the People pay for him to abuse them. Pretty screwed up.

I'm glad you're skeptical, because it's the Internet, but I haven't found any evidence they're not accurate.

I also think police and their attitudes have changed a whole lot since you retired. And not for the better.

Depends a lot on where they work and whether they feel they can get away with it.

We have one untouchable here in Denver. The City and County has shelled out over $3M in legal defense and settlements against his multiple inappropriate use of force cases so far. He's not behind a desk and is still on the street.

I keep wondering which politician or higher ranking police officer he has video of, doing something even more inappropriate. No city is usually THAT stupid. No cop is worth $3M.

But then again. It's being paid for by the very taxpayers he beats up regularly. So the People pay for him to abuse them. Pretty screwed up.

Life imitating Hollywood or the other way around?

It could be that they figure if they fire the guy, it would be like admitting they were wrong or the PD is not perfect. Can't have that.

Not retired, just on a short degree seeking hiatus. In reference to your Denver untouchable, if what you say is true, just a matter of time before he gets himself in something he may not be able to recover from career wise.

Not retired, just on a short degree seeking hiatus. In reference to your Denver untouchable, if what you say is true, just a matter of time before he gets himself in something he may not be able to recover from career wise.

Sooooo.....

How many chances does he get ..:dunno::dunno:

We would not want to jeopardize a law mans career now. No, no, no. That would just not be kosher.

Citizens rights? Unimportant.

Civic responsibility? Wait over there.

Cop union grievance? Take it all the way to the supreme court if needed. Cause - we know what's important, and what's trivial.

Or bullet wise.

First case against him was almost a decade ago.

Back