Report tele-visit?

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
The 8500-8 says to list "Visits to Health Professional Within Last 3 Years."

How is the FAA treating "tele-visits" (seemingly common during COVID) for routine things like a requirement to have at least one appointment a year to maintain a doctor/patient relationship for a GP?

Is it a "visit" if I never leave my living room and my doctor is not present in the same city?

If the doc keeps a record of the tele-visit, it is a visit.

I can't quote any regs on this, but I can't imagine any other outcome should the feces hit the firewall....

-Skip

Last edited:

How is the FAA treating "tele-visits" (seemingly common during COVID) for routine things like a requirement to have at least one appointment a year to maintain a doctor/patient relationship for a GP?

Is it a "visit" if I never leave my living room and my doctor is not present in the same city?
My S/O is a psychologist, and telehealth sessions are "visits" with no other qualifications. I'd call it a visit, and if minor, nobody will look at it twice.

Did they file insurance for it? It's a visit. If you paid the doctor cash under the table with a hush-hush understanding, it's still a visit, there's just no paper trail.

yes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back