Replacing Ear Seals

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Have any of you replaced your ear seals on your Bose headsets? I have one that really needs it. It is about 8 years old and works great except for shedding on me!

Is there some place I can take it locally, or do I send it to Bose with some money?

Thanks!

Change them yourself. It's easy.

I had a a set of seals that was deteriorating on a Bose X that I'd been using in Saudi Arabia. When I got back to the US, I happened by the Bose booth at Sun n' Fun, and talked with the Bose rep about a popping sound I was getting in my headset.

"It's the ear seals." He said. I got a set from him, and slipped them on (they come off easily enough, and it took care of the problem.

I use the Bose QC-15 with a uflymic presently, and the earseals are deteriorating after a lot of use. I just ordered another set, and will put them on when I get back in the States. It's easy, doesn't take long, and makes a big difference in the ability of the headset to do it's job.

Change them yourself. It's easy.

I had a a set of seals that was deteriorating on a Bose X that I'd been using in Saudi Arabia. When I got back to the US, I happened by the Bose booth at Sun n' Fun, and talked with the Bose rep about a popping sound I was getting in my headset.

"It's the ear seals." He said. I got a set from him, and slipped them on (they come off easily enough, and it took care of the problem.

I use the Bose QC-15 with a uflymic presently, and the earseals are deteriorating after a lot of use. I just ordered another set, and will put them on when I get back in the States. It's easy, doesn't take long, and makes a big difference in the ability of the headset to do it's job.

Thanks! Same question for you as the one to Bob: Will the 20 earseals work with the X?

NEver mind--I found them! Thanks all!

I've replaced mine. They might be a bit tight and finicky to get on.... just take your time.

Thanks! Same question for you as the one to Bob: Will the 20 earseals work with the X?

I don't know.

You can buy direct from Bose, but I just bought a set off Amazon. When I get back in the States I'll see how good they are.

I suspect that the X and the A20 are different.

I replaced mine a couple years ago, ordered from Bose, not cheap, but I got them in a couple days and they fit great and only took a few minutes each to do. I think I figured out why mine needed replacing, if you take your glasses off and put them on with the headsets on, it wears the seals. :mad2: I've been more careful since I replaced the last ones and haven't noticed any signs of wear. ;)

Back