Replacement for the gdl 39?

farmerbrake

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
farmerbrake
Has anyone heard anything as to if/when garmin will be coming out with a replacement to the gdl 39 3d adsb reciever?
Thinking about buying myself a birthday present but would hate to do it and have the new one come out within a month or two.

Btw, for anyone who cares, garmin pilot because I am not in the apple eco system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

And they would plan on replacing it, why?

(Apple is the progenitor of Planned Obsolescence -- ok, them and General Motors)

And they would plan on replacing it, why?

(Apple is the progenitor of Planned Obsolescence -- ok, them and General Motors)
Maybe to add more features such as flight tracking (like on the new stratus), longer battery life (I believe it's around 4 hrs now?)
I also heard that you can't set it in direct aunglight and they suggest buying antenna adapter.

Again, no first hand experience, just what I've interpreted from readings.

Maybe to add more features such as flight tracking (like on the new stratus), longer battery life (I believe it's around 4 hrs now?)
I also heard that you can't set it in direct aunglight and they suggest buying antenna adapter.

Again, no first hand experience, just what I've interpreted from readings.

I have the 393d and I will agree the battery life is awful. Not sure why its 4 hours compared to stratus which is 10. Other than that, I have never had an issue with heat.

I have the 39/3D and use it with the Garmin 796. It is an awesome combination. I flew with it this weekend up over Denver and had a great traffic picture the whole way. I guess I got lucky to have someone with ADSB out near me all day because I don't have ADSB out yet. I am able to get weather sitting on the ground at my airport. I guess I am close enough to the tower to be able to get it on the ground. As far as battery goes, I run with the cigarette lighter power plugged in all the time.

Carl

As far as battery goes, I run with the cigarette lighter power plugged in all the time.

Carl

Hmmm forgot about using a cigarette lighter.... wonder if my plane has one

Back