Renting in Europe

nsapcor

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
nsapcor
I am interested in renting in Western Europe (UK, France, Belgium, Scandinavia) this summer, IFR equipped preferred. Any suggestions as to locations?

Could have to do a bunch of tests i looked into this in south africa even though i dont have my ppl i was curious as i just went there how it would work.. Euro may be difference but it may not be so easy to just rent a plane over there.

We have about three CFI's come to our air field (over from England) every year and train a few of their EU students here. Some how it is cheaper for them to fly across the pond,take 2 weeks vacation, pay rent, fly every day and go home and then take another test and training to get their US certificates accepted to EU and it is all cheaper than it is to take training over there.

I can't remember exactly but seems like her Arrow with cfii rented for almost $500 per hour, $50ish over night fees and landing fees. There are landing fees on every airport as well as atc fees. I was going to work out a deal to let her use my plane here and then borrow hers over there and it was still too much for me to do.

Let us know how it turns out for you.:hairraise:

I am interested in renting in Western Europe (UK, France, Belgium, Scandinavia) this summer, IFR equipped preferred. Any suggestions as to locations?
Do you hold an EU or US certificate? There are a few N tails I have rented around, never took more than a few phone calls to find one nearby. That's the only way you'll do IFR on a US ticket. You can get local conversion for PP Day VFR flight in EU registered planes on basis of your US certificate and medical on just a fee and a checkout very simply, it was a one day process in Germany. Any further in privilege though, even Night or IFR, requires local licensing and physical exam. Oh, I haven't tried Europe recently, but Australia there is a several month security procedure you go through first.

Last edited:
You should PM Pilots of America user Peter-H, who is UK-based and very well-informed on these matters.

Back