Renters Insurance

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
So it’s almost that time of the month again. Well not *that* time of the month, but the time when I’m due to renew my non-owners policy.

For the past two years I’ve had a basic non-owners policy through AOPA and this is what it covers:
COVERAGE and LIMITATIONS

Aircraft Liability : $250,000 each occurrence bodily injury and property damage limited to $25,000 each passenger.

Aircraft Physical Damage : $20,000 each occurrence including deductible insurance of $5,000 each occurrence.

Of course it covers a few other things but these two are the most relevant to my question and my desire to carry a non-owners policy.

This policy is an annual premium of $303.00.

I’m about to start shopping around for some other quotes to see what’s out there.

As for the crowd, does this seem like a pretty typical policy for this low of coverage? I doubt I’ll find a lower deductible with a lower premium, but $5,000 seems a bit on the high side for such a small policy.

Opinions?

I doubt you find a less expensive policy. $25k per passenger is not much insurance.

Seems in line with what I’ve seen. M

Price the same thing as a CFI sometime for fun, then be thankful it’s only $300 a year. Hahaha.

Back