Rental car prices increases

on the plus side, more companies could figure out that phone calls and videoteleconferences work.

The downside will be for all those managers etc that seem to live for the perks of travel. boo-hoo.

(I worked with some logistics folks that simply had to visit the prime contractor in Long Beach, CA; for some reasons they didn't need to visit a subcontractor in Bingingham NY; but surprisingly need to visit one of that company's software subs in Plymouth, England. The program manager picked up on that right away)
I was one of those managers, lol. For the past decade, I've probably averaged 50 rental car days per year. My staff of 5 probably had another 30-40/year. Our annual travel budget for the accounting department was probably around $40K-$50K per year depending on economic climate. If car rental, hotel, and airfare all effectively doubled their rates, they would have found a telecommute solution much more quickly.

New job now, so my traveling is only a week or so per year. Still have lots of hotel points and airline miles to burn.

Back