Rent a plane in east US

battiste

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Battiste
Hello,

i'm searching for a nice place to rent a 172 in the east of United states.

can someone help me ?

bye

Tridentaircraft.com at w29 in Maryland

The Eastern U.S. is a BIG place. Like many, many Europes put together. Do you mean East of Denver, CO, East of the Mississippi, or the East Coast? Even if you mean the East Coast from Maine to Florida is still a BIG place.

You may want to narrow down where you want to rent.

Tridentaircraft.com at w29 in Maryland

I fly out of W29, and the views are spectacular. Not much beats a sunset pattern to 11 and being over the bay from about the turn to base all the way to touchdown. Though I fly from Chesapeake Sport Pilot, not Trident, so I'm not allowed to recommend you go to Trident :).

If you come as far east as Wiscasset, Maine, contact me. Wiscasset KIWI is pictured from my RDW, Base, and Final for #25. #7 is Left Traffic; #25 is Right Traffic because that area on the other side of the runway is the decommissioned(demolished) Maine Yankee Nuclear facility, and there's still nuclear waste stored in casks there(because Yucca Mountain in Nevada never got finished).

HR

[EDIT] PC is playing games with me. The DW shot I'm seeing in #2 position, should be #1; but if it continues, you'll know the proper sequence.

Attachments

• DSC07252(1).JPG
    DSC07252(1).JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC07253.JPG
    DSC07253.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC07254(1).JPG
    DSC07254(1).JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Battiste, your blog says that you are interested in visiting the US in Sept. 2013, and it doesn't mention any particular place that you have in mind.

If it's the East Coast that interests you, you can find some very nice weather that time of year anywhere north of Philadelphia. Since you're travelling from Europe, you'll probably at first think of big cities, since you'll surely be arriving in one, but I'd suggest that you get away from them to find cheaper rentals and less busy airspace. To avoid storms, you might want to stay away from Florida in September.

I fly out of W29, and the views are spectacular. Not much beats a sunset pattern to 11 and being over the bay from about the turn to base all the way to touchdown. Though I fly from Chesapeake Sport Pilot, not Trident, so I'm not allowed to recommend you go to Trident :).

Of course you are kidding right? Does CSP have any 172's? I just did the landing you mentioned Monday night. It is nice for sure. I own the last plane you pass before the runup area for 29. Stop by to say hi if you ever see me.

Of course you are kidding right? Does CSP have any 172's? I just did the landing you mentioned Monday night. It is nice for sure. I own the last plane you pass before the runup area for 29. Stop by to say hi if you ever see me.

Of course! CSP is strictly LSA, though they do private training in their nicely growing fleet of light sports. I didn't suggest CSP...I just said that I'm not allowed to recommend Trident (the competition) :).

Although if you can settle for a two seater and a likely painless checkout, CSP is a fantastic opportunity--those Eaglets sure are a hoot to fly.

Back