Reno Air Races Volunteer Needed

radiokaos

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
radiokaos
Hey gang,

I don't come here too often but I thought I would throw out a request. The Reno Air Races is looking for a volunteer to help out in the Communications / Radio Room. They are looking for someone to help man the radio room about 4-5 hours per day the week of Sept 10th-16th. Its pretty simple work, handing out radios, and changing batteries.

The benefits are pretty good, and I'm pretty sure you would have a fun time. Included are a couple of passes, parking, RV parking, and access to parts of the field that very few get to see. If you want to know more or have any questions just let me know via PM or post your replies here.

Hey gang,

I don't come here too often but I thought I would throw out a request. The Reno Air Races is looking for a volunteer to help out in the Communications / Radio Room. They are looking for someone to help man the radio room about 4-5 hours per day the week of Sept 10th-16th. Its pretty simple work, handing out radios, and changing batteries.

The benefits are pretty good, and I'm pretty sure you would have a fun time. Included are a couple of passes, parking, RV parking, and access to parts of the field that very few get to see. If you want to know more or have any questions just let me know via PM or post your replies here.

I am shocked nobody replied to your post in this thread! I just have two more people to ask and then it is a "go" (the owner already texted "yes"). I will know within the next few hours for sure, and then I can start planning my hotel stay etc. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

I was tempted, being a Comm geek and all, but I can't go.

Glad to hear I didn't "steal" this gig from you. I talked to him on the phone last week right after he posted to find out the details. Not sure how I'm going to pull it off financially, but, it seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I know I won't regret this.

Glad to hear I didn't "steal" this gig from you. I talked to him on the phone last week right after he posted to find out the details. Not sure how I'm going to pull it off financially, but, it seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I know I won't regret this.

Can you borrow an RV (not the plane type) from someone?

Can you borrow an RV (not the plane type) from someone?

Doubtful. I'm probably just going to share a room with a female pilot (if available) or stay a bit out of town to save money on a room. It will cost a lot in hotel fees but that's OK.

Hey gang,

Just curious, is this actually in the tower itself (if there is a tower)? Or is this down on the ground?

The job location is in the RARA (Reno Air Race Assoc) hangar.

Trust me you will get your share walking up to the FAA tower.

Also if others still want to work the event just let me know. We need someone for the afternoon as well.

I will post some photos later on to give you a little tease on what you might see.

Offer is still open for 1-2 more volunteers.

If someone happens to be flying through Oklahoma on their way up I'll split fuel with you. :)

That's about the only way I could make it up there to volunteer. I'd do it in a heartbeat otherwise.

Room booked for a week, with free dinners every night (with some exceptions). At the buffett, but that's OK. I am excited to go.

I was thinking of organizing a POA or Purple thing (or both). My thoughts were Thursday night at one of the hotel lobby locations or something (just a social meeting, dinner seemed too much). Since I get there on Monday I'll have a chance to check out all the potential spots.

Kimberly

EDIT: this all depends on whether or not I work mornings vs. evenings at the races. Once I get my schedule I will figure something out. I wonder how many are going from POA?

Back