Reno Air Race -- Housing?

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
It looks like Mary and I will be able to get to the races this year, after an 8 year absence. (IMHO, it's important that we make the 2012 edition of the Reno Air Races the best ever -- they REALLY need our support after last year's disaster.)

Can anyone recommend housing options? We'll be flying the executive mail tube this time around...

Silver Legacy I think was where I stayed last year, nice place.

Would love to meet you. I looked at the lodging page on their website and went with the cheapest hotel (I had to go to all the websites of the hotels one by one).

I got free dinners each night for 2 at the buffet, and it was about $30 / $39 / $69 / $99 per night (different prices on different nights), 2 queen beds, non smoking, 7 nights.

I am a volunteer and will be working 6am -10am or later from Tues - Sun at the Races.

Kimberly

http://www.airrace.org/race_experience/lodging.php

Can anyone recommend housing options? We'll be flying the executive mail tube this time around...

Depends....are you bringing a gun or not?

Its Reno so don't expect 5 star hotels.

If you want to have some fun you can also camp at the airport.

Since I actually get paid to work this event they put me in the same place every year.

I was thinking of camping but I don't own any camping gear (would have to borrow from my boyfriend) plus I didn't think it was a good idea staying all by myself in a tent for a week.

I was thinking of camping but I don't own any camping gear (would have to borrow from my boyfriend) plus I didn't think it was a good idea staying all by myself in a tent for a week.

We really need to educate you on Reno Air Races.

If you want to feel safe and camp near by just ask about the "Boy Scout" campground. I'm pretty sure you would be safe surrounded by 100+ Boy Scouts trying to earn their merit badges.

Other options are RV spaces at the Races which a ton of people do every year.

If you want to feel safe and camp near by just ask about the "Boy Scout" campground. I'm pretty sure you would be safe surrounded by 100+ Boy Scouts trying to earn their merit badges.

I didn't know they started giving merit badges for that now. Does it require the full trifecta? I guess it's part of the 'No gays in BSA' stand...:rolleyes::D

I am saving hundreds of dollars and staying with Vikki for 3-4 nights! Thanks again for the tip on females needing roommates, I'm excited to meet her!

Mary and I will be staying at the Sands Regency hotel from 9/12 to 9/17. They've got a shuttle to the races.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mary and I will be staying at the Sands Regency hotel from 9/12 to 9/17. They've got a shuttle to the races.

I was thinking of organizing a POA or Purple thing (or both). My thoughts were Thursday night at one of the hotel lobby locations or something (just a social meeting, dinner seemed too much). Since I get there on Monday I'll have a chance to check out all the potential spots.

Kimberly

EDIT: this all depends on whether or not I work mornings vs. evenings at the races. Once I get my schedule I will figure something out. I wonder how many are going from POA?

I was thinking of organizing a POA or Purple thing (or both). My thoughts were Thursday night at one of the hotel lobby locations or something (just a social meeting, dinner seemed too much). Since I get there on Monday I'll have a chance to check out all the potential spots.

Kimberly

EDIT: this all depends on whether or not I work mornings vs. evenings at the races. Once I get my schedule I will figure something out. I wonder how many are going from POA?

Sounds great, Kimberly! Just let us know, and we will be there!

Back